antelope cimarron county (doe) tips...land to hunt....etc....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a damn good idea, actually.

Very dammed good idea! I know when we went elk hunting on NM, the person setting up the hunt said to bring hardwoods.
You would have thought we brought gold.

Side note. My buddy that was transferred to West Texas in the oil patch. He paid for his deer hunting trip in OK by taking a couple of ricks of oak back with him on a trailer.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's easy! You can kill a doe on public land out there in about an hour...
Let me tell u how. First your drive out there, next you find the public spots and drive around til u find antelope (they are all over the public) then you step out and shoot one (the are super curious and will almost let you walk up within bow range), then you drag it back to the truck and check it in, then head back home. I will be out there again this year bow hunting and this will be the first time not hinting public... I found a guy with 12,000 acre and he is charging my friends and I $125 a person and we get exclusive rights for bow season. So if you look you can find some good private for a decent price, but you really don't need to especially for a doe and ESPECIALLY with a rifle.

zcruse

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't drawn this year but my dad was for the cimarron doe hunt and has looking for land owners with little success. If you have any information please PM with details it would be most appreciated! So far we have only been able to find 1 person and he wants $300 for a 2 day minimum and won't let you go anywhere without taking him with you.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm betting on what AllOut says. I have a feeling I'll drive up there, stay the night, and my hunt will be done and the cooler filled by lunch the next day. Pretty excited to make it happen on public land. If the first day doesn't work, I'm headed to the town diner the next morning to chat up some of the locals.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awww crap, somebody put faith in me!
The presure is on now lol

I changed my mind, this is how I see it happening this year.
All you guy messed up and listen to me, now everyone will be on public and nobody will kill anything cause y'all will be busy fighting each other over spots lol. Then all the land owners get mad cause I steered the business away from them. So when I make it out there this year I will be headed into a lynch mob and y'all will never hear from me again.
Well it was nice knowing you guys...

Latest posts

Top Bottom