Any bottle collectors out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While trapping this year, I found this empty Pepsi bottle.
Second pic is of a 32oz full coca-cola that has been in a cabinet for 25 years or better. We got it from a deceased relative.
Anybody collect bottles? Do I just need to open the vintage coke, savor it like a fine aged wine, chasing it with some 12 year old charter?

image-518363935.jpg

image-3711692464.jpg

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the 50's, I worked in a filling station which had a coke machine. Every day, several of us would gather around for a break and buy a coke. Back then, all coke bottles had the city location of the distributor who produced that coke. The guy who got the bottle either furthest away, or nearest sometimes, had to buy.

The closest for us was Ardmore, but there were many cities in Oklahoma that had a coke distributor back then. We'd sometimes get a bottle from the East Coast, or other points far away. It was a fun game.

Coke bottles identified by city would make a pretty cool collection.

For a while, I collected the contents of certain bottles. But, strangely, the contents kept disappearing.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know any of the values or anything, but I always look for the old cobalt blue bottles when I'm out and about. I was coyote hunting near Guymon last year and found a Coke bottle that said Ponca City, Oklahoma on the bottom. I don't know if that's significant or not, but I thought it was kinda neat.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the 50's, I worked in a filling station which had a coke machine. Every day, several of us would gather around for a break and buy a coke. Back then, all coke bottles had the city location of the distributor who produced that coke. The guy who got the bottle either furthest away, or nearest sometimes, had to buy.

The closest for us was Ardmore, but there were many cities in Oklahoma that had a coke distributor back then. We'd sometimes get a bottle from the East Coast, or other points far away. It was a fun game.

Coke bottles identified by city would make a pretty cool collection.

For a while, I collected the contents of certain bottles. But, strangely, the contents kept disappearing.
You typed this as I was typing my reply. That explains the Ponca City bottle I found.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know any of the values or anything, but I always look for the old cobalt blue bottles when I'm out and about. I was coyote hunting near Guymon last year and found a Coke bottle that said Ponca City, Oklahoma on the bottom. I don't know if that's significant or not, but I thought it was kinda neat.

Do your still have it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom