Any bottle collectors out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am not really a big bottle collector. I do buy bottles with championship stuff on them no matter what the team and I usually buy coke santa bottles every year.

I miss the good old days when you could get coke in a glass bottle at most places other than the mexican grocceries.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Orange Crush bottle
orange crush.jpg

ChaseOK

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I found an old Cowley's rat and mouse poison bottle years ago. It is made in Hugo, Oklahoma and dated/copyrighted 1940.
What I found neat about it was the fact that there is a raised rat made onto the bottle.
Also like the skull and crossbones with ARSENIC under it.
Cowleys 1.jpg
Cowleys 2.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When in the Army at my last duty station, a co-worker was a collector of whisky/burbon bottles. The distillers always send the new collectibles to the class 6 stores on post before they get out to the general public. At least it was like that back in the day.
My buddy collected Jim Beam Bowling ball bottles. If you got the entire collection, it was worth a bunch of bucks.

Seems they were more valuable empty vs full, and he didn't drink, so I got the secondary benefits of his collection.

My favorite in the Class 6 stores, (kicking myself in the arse) was the Jim Beam Short Timer bottle. Only released to the military.

Pair of boots, crumpled pants, AR, and helmet crunched.

Just didn't have the money at the time.

OKCIS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sold a fridge at a garage sale this past fall; the guy saw my beer bottle collection and would not buy the fridge unless I threw in my '02 Fat Tire beer bottle...I will probably never get one of those again :(

ALSO, are the ingredients on the COKE bottle you have? I'd be curious to know if it is real sugar or high-fructose corn syrup?

Whats special about the 02 Fat Tire beer bottle? I can check next time im at the house in colorado for you. We literally have thousands of bottles of Fat tire stacked up from drinking it for so long. We never toss them out. The only difference ive ever noticed is the bike disappearing off the label.

Latest posts

Top Bottom