Any fencing contractors about?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know there was a recent post about fences and you may remember mine from last summer, so yeah yeah, this is becoming a redundant topic, but shut your face anyway and read on.

Well, the neighbor and I talked again the other day and he's gotten an estimate (I don't know through who, it doesn't say) that I found in my mailbox just now, but I'm going to share it and let me know what you guys think. Also, if anybody does this work for a living, if you can beat the price while offering quality work, then let me know.

Panels: 8 panels x $40/ea = $320
Cement: 15 bags x $3.50/ea = $52.50
Misc (screws, etc): $80

Parts: $614
Labor: $350

Total: $964 (to be split between us)

Be aware that I've tried calling the guy to find out who this estimate is through, but he's yet to respond to my voicemail (it's only been 10 minutes). I'm also unsure which panel design this is written up for, whether it's pre-treated, etc.

This is my first time dealing with this so pardon my ignorance. If any of you guys would prefer to come take a look to provide a more accurate estimate, you're more than welcome to.

Thanks in advance!

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I called a buddy of mine that does all sorts of fences and has some of the best quality you will find. he said without looking at it, for white pine panels and metal post he would charge $16 a lineal foot. So if those are 8 ft panels then you would be looking at paying him $1,024. Look up Greene Country Fence on facebook and you can see what he does. It is top notch. He did all of the fencing around the OCU baseball field(black chain link)

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Understand that. I will assume one of you wants a fence and the other wants a quality fence, and most like the lesser of the two will win. Like everything, you get what you pay for.......

Latest posts

Top Bottom