Any golfers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot about Fairfax. You got to go to Fairfax. The drive to the clubhouse is Oklahoma's version of the drive to Augusta National. Your gonna have to rent a cart, it is a heck of a walk form green to tee. It's a top ten favorite of mine.

Yeah, the greens were in pretty bad shape the last time I was there from the drought. It was OK to move your ball to a different location that still had grass on it, as long as you kept it the same distance.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lincoln, much improved, Cedar Creek, bring the big dog, watch out for geese and what they leave behind. Purcell is fun when the grass is green. All pretty inexpensive, but fees have went up quite a bit in the last few years.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, the greens were in pretty bad shape the last time I was there from the drought. It was OK to move your ball to a different location that still had grass on it, as long as you kept it the same distance.

About five years ago I would agree but that is because there was no air circulation on several greens and the surface temperature on those greens was almost 140 degrees. Since they thinned out the trees around those greens and installed circulation fans that hasn't been a problem. The drought has certainly not been good for any course but Fairfax keeps the greens watered.

Joeh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not in OKC anymore, but I played a bunch of the courses over there. Lincoln west is a great course, it was one of my favorites. It's a muni, so it's not always in the best condition, but it's a very fun course and has some challenging holes on it.

Silverhorn is good as well, depending on the condition. Fun course, but unless it's in good condition it's fairly annoying to play.

Trosper is pretty fun as well.

There's a course in Moore I played a few times that wasn't too bad.

Same things go around all the courses in Oklahoma. When it's hot here, there's not a ton you can do to keep the courses from dying. At least not on the public courses.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first suggestion is to sign up on golfnow.com to receive daily specials. You can really save using them. I used to marshal at Winter Creek in Blanchard and they have improved a bunch in the last year. I wish I was still close because last time I played there it was it really good shape. They have over 100 sand traps so make sure to take a sand wedge.

internetscout

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions!

I have played Silverhorn and Trosper so far this week and spent some time on the range at Kickingbird. Everyone is doing green maintenance right now so conditions are iffy.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The trails down in Norman is nice and a challenging course. I haven't played any in OK since last year so far. But I did get to play Talking Sticks in Phoenix the other day. Talk about beautiful green courses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom