Any Metal Detectors Out There?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My White's detector has the capability of turning off the high sensitivity setting which allows me to get right next to metal and still detect objects. They sound different than normal but I have found a lot of good finds next to metal fences and playground equipment. One was a Mercury dime about an inch from a playground pole in Chickasha. One was a large gold ring in Yukon at a school fencerow. One was a Kennedy 76 commemorative 50 cent piece in Loyal next to a metal building.

Using a small sharpshooting coil helps a lot too.

The thing that really amazes me is the unusual finds in the unusual locations.

How does a perfect condition English Two Pound coin end up in a sandlot school playground in Wichita?

View attachment 276066

Show and Tell. Found about 2 dozen foreign coins at my grandkids school on the playground.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cannot stand those videos because the titles are out and out lies. Cops come and they are horrified at our finds! etc, etc, etc.

Jcelt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the park area, just east of the water outlet building on the south end of Olverholser was a pre Fort Reno army encampment. I found a lot of harness buckles, buttons, some brass and horseshoes in the woods next to the park. I had no need for the shoes and no museum wanted them so they went into the trash.
That would be some great detecting. I really got into it for relic detecting old farms etc. I think it would be great to hunt a site like you did. I have found 10-12 old horseshoes, fortunately I have someone that collects them so they get them. I gave them all the old buckles I found also. They weren’t military but they were fun to find.

Latest posts

Top Bottom