Are any Metal Detectors Out There?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey DS skip the pinpointer for gold. Most gold that is floating free is smaller than a pinhead. The PP will sound on your ring with no problem since it 10k times bigger than most gold in the ground. I used to do a fair amount of prospecting in CO when I was stationed at Carson. The gold I found wouldn't even make a pinky ring for a newborn child.
The outhouses are a different story. They were used as a regular garbage pits as well. There you can find really old bottles that can be worth some money.
Good source of info:
https://www.treasurenet.com/forums/
Thanks for the link and advice! I'll put that advice into the memory banks. I've only panned once up by cripple creek on the loop. Did find a few tiny flakes that took tweezers to remove from the pan.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is genius. I mapped out a soccer field complex where I was finding rings and jewelry. You would think the activity with the players losing stuff would be on the field correct? Chains ripped off, rings falling off of sweaty fingers, nope. Think about human nature. You have a ring you do not want to lose so you take it off and put it in your shoe or towel or hat or even next to a stick in the grass at the edge of the athletic field you are going to use. Guess what? You cannot find the stick or someone moved your shoes or used your towel. What just happened?

1678766286024.png

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am new to this gig - who do you contact when on public grounds? I see Snattlerake went to a soccer field - I suspect, if they catch you, that could tick some people off out there digging around. What about like a city park or state park or hunting areas. Any of all of that?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am new to this gig - who do you contact when on public grounds? I see Snattlerake went to a soccer field - I suspect, if they catch you, that could tick some people off out there digging around. What about like a city park or state park or hunting areas. Any of all of that?
ALWAYS, refill your holes. I usually just dig plugs and then replug the holes. You can't even see them in turfgrass. On others that you have to break up the clumps, I use a towel to hold the dirt. Just be responsible and you will be OK.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya I plan on filling the holes in, practiced in my own yard the other day, found a lot of BB's :blush: But I'd think that people who do not detect will imagine holes will be left. I dunno, maybe not, I just figured I'd need to see if there are any rules that could get me in a bind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom