Are any Metal Detectors Out There?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcelt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a minelab vanquish 440 for a little over a year. It is something I had thought about for a long time and glad I did it. I’m mostly a relic hunter but do hunt parks and schools some. If you’re in the Tulsa area you have a local option with Outlaw Metal Detectors in Skiatook. He has a shop at his house with different brands as well as all the accessories you need. He was very helpful when I was trying to decide which model I wanted.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most detectors except for the high-end ones that are designed for gold will work for natural gold since the majority is smaller than a piece of rice. Those under $750 will find big stuff like gold rings, also take note that pull tabs (and nickels) show up almost identical to gold rings.
That's God's little thwack against MDers.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a minelab vanquish 440 for a little over a year. It is something I had thought about for a long time and glad I did it. I’m mostly a relic hunter but do hunt parks and schools some. If you’re in the Tulsa area you have a local option with Outlaw Metal Detectors in Skiatook. He has a shop at his house with different brands as well as all the accessories you need. He was very helpful when I was trying to decide which model I wanted.
Isn't there a shop in Tulsa up by 44 and Memorial?

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I went around the property a bit yesterday, struck it RICH!---------------in junk. Found quite a few nails, some maybe square, can't tell from the rust, a couple bolts, a piece of chain and a barrel lid, was hoping for a barrel of gold underneath but not to be. Pulled out dad's old Fisher, I remember going with him to pick it up in Daly City Cal in 1968. Cannot find a battery, takes an eveready 228, 12V with connections like a 9V on each end, might try a battery charger on it just to see if it still works. Ordered a cheap spot detector that has good reviews just to see how commited we.ll be to keep on trying.
Mscope1.jpg
Mscope2.jpg

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Minelab CTX330 and an ancient White's XLT
scored CTX330 a year ago, figured out menu/settings and still have not gone hunting yet :D motivated hunters find all the goodies ...

Attachments

• 1673204313478.png
    1673204313478.png
    472.1 KB · Views: 1

DFX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Minelab CTX330 and an ancient White's XLT
scored CTX330 a year ago, figured out menu/settings and still have not gone hunting yet :D motivated hunters find all the goodies ...
That CTX looks nice. Let us know how well you like it. I have a Whites MXT and DFX that still find the loot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom