Are any Metal Detectors Out There?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I’m a newb, put out some targets today and “found them” just trying to learn the tones and settings.
Quarter, dime, penny, steel socket and my gold wedding ring.
In the process found a steel clip that appears to be something to hold in a panel on a car door. Since it was in a gravel driveway that’s probably a pretty good guess.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Minelab CTX330 and an ancient White's XLT
scored CTX330 a year ago, figured out menu/settings and still have not gone hunting yet :D motivated hunters find all the goodies ...
Didja ever get into the weeds of the programming on your XLT? I have wrung mine out waaaay into the customization of programs. I have one program I call BERZERK. It really goes deep in plowed ground or pasture wth the big coil.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I’m a newb, put out some targets today and “found them” just trying to learn the tones and settings.
Quarter, dime, penny, steel socket and my gold wedding ring.
In the process found a steel clip that appears to be something to hold in a panel on a car door. Since it was in a gravel driveway that’s probably a pretty good guess.
That's a good idea. Was going to mention this earlier. I took a small handful of pocket change with varied coins in it and thew them blindly out in my yard with the grass a bit longer than it should have been. Ran the AT Pro over it to see what the various coins sounded like.

Also, a stupid mistake I made my first time out was this. I'm right handed so used the hand held propointer in my right had because that is my strong side. As I dug a hole with my digging tool with my right had I'd set it down and pick up the pointer. Grab a clump full of dirt with my left hand and the pointer would scream. Took me more than a few minutes to realize the pointer was screaming at my wedding ring on me left ring finger. Felt like an idiot.

ALso, I got my dectector package through Big Boy Hobbies out of Norman. Bought on line and the customer service was great. Not sure how they are in person but may be a good idea to give them a shot and see what used gear they have in stock, etc.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Got mine out yesterday afternoon for a little bit, it's been a while. I've got several home sites that I've never gone through. Couple of places out of state that I need to check out as well, one place was supposedly a sheep herders camp in the mid 1800's. They were probably poor as church mice, so while it will be interesting to check out, I'm not expecting much lol.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got mine out yesterday afternoon for a little bit, it's been a while. I've got several home sites that I've never gone through. Couple of places out of state that I need to check out as well, one place was supposedly a sheep herders camp in the mid 1800's. They were probably poor as church mice, so while it will be interesting to check out, I'm not expecting much lol.
Go for relics first with a sharpshooter coil since there are usually more relics than coins and jewelry in those type areas. Then hit it again with the coins and jewelry discrimination settings. Once I do this I might go back with my deep search coil. When next to metal objects like cars and poles, turn Transmit Boost OFF. Turn it back on again when away from those objects. That is one of my secrets with the XLT and I have found a lot of coins and rings at playgrounds and fences doing this.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good to see you back on the board.
Thanks my friend..
Taking it slow … not fun being in a no win situation before I stopped posting on OSA

it’s been a year or so and virtually Everything I posted re: covid/mRNA technical papers ended up being correct.

Sure wish I was wrong … the canaries of society. an insurance company reported a 40% increase all cause mortality last quarter of 2021

Now a larger insurance company reporting 164% increase in payouts for first quarter 2022 … the highest increase in history

DFX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got permission for a residential lot today, will hit it tomorrow in the am. Checked a couple of baseball
fields Saturday that i haven't been to in 5 years (i picked them clean) and will hit them asap.
Also have an old private horse racing track that has never been hunted before on the schedule.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got permission for a residential lot today, will hit it tomorrow in the am. Checked a couple of baseball
fields Saturday that i haven't been to in 5 years (i picked them clean) and will hit them asap.
Also have an old private horse racing track that has never been hunted before on the schedule.
Well?

foghorn weasle.gif

DFX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The residential lot was a bust. Lots of nails and trash and a few coins. Next hunt will be the park, maybe Saturday.
The ground at horse track is dry and hard, i'll start on it asap. It's just a 5 minute walk from my place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom