Any of you'se dirt fish?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Time was, I used to practice casting with a practice plug on the end of my fishing line. I'd cast out in the back yard and try to put the plug into a motor scooter tire. If anyone else did that but with just a regular sinker, that might explain that find.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some honeydoos to do before I can go and I have to recuperate my sprained knee. I will be ready in about a month to get back out there.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why don't you try to get to that Club meeting next week in Moore. I am going try to.

I am out myself right now on "injured reserve" and can only do "light duty" Honey doo's. I am having Back surgery at the end of the month and shoulds out of play for 4 to 6 weeks. Who said retirement and old age is not for the weak, was spot on. Still I will take retirement over working any day, and I enjoyed my job.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why don't you try to get to that Club meeting next week in Moore. I am going try to.

I am out myself right now on "injured reserve" and can only do "light duty" Honey doo's. I am having Back surgery at the end of the month and shoulds out of play for 4 to 6 weeks. Who said retirement and old age is not for the weak, was spot on. Still I will take retirement over working any day, and I enjoyed my job.

Yeah, in 2010 I fell 10 ft or rather rode a ladder down off of a ledge onto concrete. I broke everything on my right side. Leg caught in ladder with a twisted fracture.

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bounty
I have a Bounty Hunter DE 280 that I just inherited. Actually was putting it together just now to try in the yard and found Grandma had left batteries in it... has two battery packs, ones broke. Cant use it without, so I am calling them Monday to see if I can get a replacement part.
http://www.fisherlab.com/

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made the Central Oklahoma Metal Detecting Club meeting Tuesday night in Moore. My wife went with me just for dinner and to go for a ride. It was a very enjoyable laid back meeting and a nice bunch of people. Everyone was friendly and cordial. Things got even better. I grew up in Oregon and lived in Montana for the past 20 years, so I don't sound like I am from Oklahoma. My wife on the other hand has lived her entire 71 years in OK. She speaks the language and sound like she is from here. When she talked, then more people started talking back.

The club has several seeded hunts and periodic group hunts. They currently are working group hunts on the Oklahoma Railway Museum.

Nice bunch of people, worth joining up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom