Any other cops carry a...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...multi tool on their duty rig? :anyone:

I've been carrying my Gerber 600 in a Maxpedition single sheath but now I think I'm gonna go with a Leatherman Rebar in black oxide, riding in a Blade-Tech Revolution single mag pouch sized for a Sig/Smith/Ruger 9mm mag pouch, horizontally at the 1 o'clock position. I think they are about the same size. I have both on order...we'll see. :rubhands:

How 'bout you guys? Anybody else tote a tool on their belts? What kind and how do you carry it?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never carried one on a duty belt. I always tried to carry the very bare minimum on my belt. Now my utility bag in the front passenger seat is a different story.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never carried one on a duty belt. I always tried to carry the very bare minimum on my belt. Now my utility bag in the front passenger seat is a different story.

Where I work (college campus police) I spend more time away from my unit than in it, so I try to carry most of my needed gear with me.

Plus, when I gotta lock all the doors on campus, I'm always finding something here and there that needs tightened or loosened up and yeah, I've even helped kids put together or take apart their beds and other furniture before, because they have no tools.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a Wenger SAK in my pocket whenever I'm vertical and a Leatherman Squirt on my keys, but I hardly ever carry a full size MT off duty.

I did for a little while, but seems like my SAK did everything I ever needed it to, so... :anyone:

Get yourself a Leatherman Wave, you'll be hooked after the first time you play around with one.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry the Leatherman Surge on my duty belt. It is the wave's bigger brother. I find the wave to be to small for duty work and the kind of crap I put my tools through. I have used the surge to open doors, pry windows, I even used it to tear apart a car door to recover bullets from a drive by. I carry it in the nylon sheath that comes with the tool. I have carried it for a few years now and the sheath has held up really well. It is a great tool. I would tell you to shy away from the Rebar because you need two hands to get the tools out and on the Surge you have tools on the outside that you can use one hand to open. Just my thoughts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom