Any Pipe Smokers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Memorial and Bryant?

You didn't by any chance sit down with myself and Cohiba for a drink, a smoke and a chat a few months ago, did you? Employee dude had a bit of scruff on his face, that's all I remember.

That sir is a distinct possibility.............But I am usually at the 63rd and May store....going to be at the edmond shop more soon. Come up and ask for Erik on thursdays.....I am usually gong to be there until 4.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My current blend is Langston 302 I bought from Tobacco Exchange... Rofl, judging from your username and the fact that you work there, I'm guessing you had a hand in this blend or something?

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Um, yeah. That was my first one....went way outside the box with that one. I wanted an aromatic english....so that there smoke was born. It took a long while to concieve it though, lots of bad batches.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Um, yeah. That was my first one....went way outside the box with that one. I wanted an aromatic english....so that there smoke was born. It took a long while to concieve it though, lots of bad batches.

I think you did nicely with it. It's not too overly aromatic, but still has a hint of sweetness not found in pure English blends. So far, I've enjoyed it.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't smoke a pipe anymore. Every time I do I get right back on the cigarettes. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, my buddy David Hamm and I hung out at the pipe shop in Shepherd Mall. I think it was called The Tinder Box. It was in the 80s. We'd mix and match to make blends, but I couldn't tell you what they were now. I still have my Dad's, and a straight stemmed briar.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont smoke a pipe,never tried it. But my great grandpa used to smoke a corncob pipe and prince albert tobacco. He used to let me blow out the match when he lit up. I'll never forget that smell, its one of the few things i remember about him.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
pipe smoking is a very personal experience. I have had more people come in as of late and relate stories of loved one who smoked a pipe and how it makes them feel to smoke one too. I had one customer come in and tell me a story about his father. The young mans father smoked a pipe that his father smoked during WWII and had given him when he joined the marines in the 60's. The kids father had recently passed and he had found this pipe in a drawer in his fathers dresser. With it was a picture of all three of them together. The kid now proudly smokes that pipe to be closer to his father and grandfather. I found it touching.

I have some fond memories of pipe smoker from my youth. I just find myself to be more at peace when I smoke a pipe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom