Smokers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reverse flow stick burner I built. I use oak to build up coals for heat then add pecan for smoke. This thing has fed many a softball player and quite a few of our company team members.

IMG_3316.jpeg
IMG_3318.jpeg
IMG_3338.jpeg
IMG_3342.jpeg

g54b16psi

Marksman
Reaction score
All of my BBQ so far I've done on a Weber. I have a Smokey Joe for small things or an OG full size for bigger things like full slabs of ribs. I did add a high quality thermometer to each one on the meat side of things, i.e. where the vent is on the lid. Do the usual fire on one side, meat on the other setup...I also make a foil wall for the charcoal side that goes all the way to the grill grate to help direct the heat and smoke up. Even though Webers are not insulated, they hold heat great. I only have to add charcoal about every 3-4 hours if I'm smoking at 225 - 250 degrees. I've done all types of chicken cuts, all the rib types (beef plate ribs turn out exceptionally well), turkey breasts, salmon, etc. I also have a Traeger pellet grill I recently picked up but haven't messed with it yet. I prefer live fire.

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
sorry don't mean no disrespect but anything but a wood smoker is for amateurs. the quick easy smokers do okay but they ain't never going to put out as good result as a wood smoker which is why thats the only thing you see at bbq competitions. this is the one i'm using. it ain't as big as the one undeg01 has but it fills us up just fine

1697235660205.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom