Any Recent New Vehicle Buyers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Curious what seems to be a decent deal for new car buying in today's climate. Looking at sites like Edmunds.com, NADA.com, and Kelley Blue Book (kbb.com), seems like people are paying close to MRSP or maybe 1 to 2 percent below.

Interested in what others are finding out there.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those seem to be priced like new ones too from what I've seen. Not a great time to buy anything right now.

I think you are right about right now. We have two sets of friends that bought new RVs at the end of 2021, and they are junk. I a guessing anything built in the few years after Covid are gonna be ****!

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Looked a couple of times but dealers would rather store cars instead of sell them it seems. Same Jeep I made a fair offer on almost 2 months ago is still sitting in their lot. I hope the tires rot off of it.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looked at new KIA Telluride in NW OKC and they weren't interested in selling it. Wanted more than the sticker price and wanted me to give em my 2020 Kia Soul for near beans. I told when they got serious and wanted to sell a vehicle to call me and got in the Soul and drove off

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in 2017, wife's Honda Odyssey got totaled, got into the market for one of the "New model yr" upgrade
2018 Odyssey Elites, they where selling like hotcakes, dealers in state where getting over msrp. I found a Honda dealership out in Odessa TX, made a deal over the net and phone for exactly what she wanted for 5k off msrp. Rented a car drove out and picked it up. I have to say that was the easiest I've ever purchased any car or truck , new or used from a dealer, and I always have my money before I buy..

SRB

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looked at new KIA Telluride in NW OKC and they weren't interested in selling it. Wanted more than the sticker price and wanted me to give em my 2020 Kia Soul for near beans. I told when they got serious and wanted to sell a vehicle to call me and got in the Soul and drove off
Bought one about a month ago off of the one on north west expressway payed msrp but it was what the wife wanted.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In February, we needed a third vehicle as 2 of 3 kids are drivers, now. I wanted the latest or nearly latest safety features and could not bear to pay what places like CarMax were asking for used cars. Bought a 2023 Tesla Model Y (always MSRP, but that shifts). Enjoying it so far and don't seriously regret not shopping for an ICE car. The kids drive the old vehicles except on special occasions :-). Even paying for a Tesla was interesting. Did an eCheck right on my phone.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I have dealt with Diffee Ford in El Reno for years. We recently sold our Ford F450 because we don't have any plans on moving our RV again, and we also bought a new 2023 Ford Expedition. The couple that bought the F450 went to Diffee with their pickup and Ford Transit 350 van and was very impressed with the treatment and service that they got there from the salesmen and management. They traded their two vehicles and got a good deal on their own Ford Expedition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom