Any simplisafe users here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You mean, "the Chinese could not care less..."

However, since your router and modem are also made in China, they could easily install a surveillance chip in those devices. If they want into your network, they don't have to do it through your camera.
Thank you for correcting my improper use of the English language, it is so appreciated and my assclown 9th grade English teacher would be proud.

You are correct about the routers and modem, but it seems that they aren't nearly as susceptible to hacking as the IoT devices are and can usually be configured to reduce the risk whereas many of these Chinese cameras CANNOT be configured to reduce the risk. I was simply pointing out that the bigger risk is the network being put at risk, not people watching/listening to you through the camera. Hell, they are already listening to us through our mobile phones and tablets.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard about them on here and ended up getting a system myself. It's one of the older systems I guess, maybe 5 or so years old. in-monitored, no cameras, no problems. It has worked great for us and gives a piece of mind while we are asleep or home alone. We added a Skybell doorbell cam a couple years ago as well which has been great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom