Any still watering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I moved the cattle bucket tomatoes into only half sun under a huge Willow Oak and water them twice a day. Also moved two others cow buckets of Jalapeños to 3/4 Sun. Water everything by hand twice a day. Still making cherries, jalapeños, purple eggplant.

Ya’ll still going and watering a lot?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve kinda gave up on the ‘maters. I have some hanging green but I doubt they’ll turn in this heat. Still getting jalapeños though.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. Pulled out my tomatoes and canned up/froze/ate everything left on them. Have several different kinds of herbs drying in the garage. And have plans to replant those raised beds here pretty quick but my back is not co-operating ... Hopefully I'll get it done in the next week to 10 days. Want to put out some garlic, carrots, broccoli, brussel sprouts and a couple of test tomatoes -- I'm gonna see just how long I can baby a tomato plant before it croaks on me.🤷

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. Pulled out my tomatoes and canned up/froze/ate everything left on them. Have several different kinds of herbs drying in the garage. And have plans to replant those raised beds here pretty quick but my back is not co-operating ... Hopefully I'll get it done in the next week to 10 days. Want to put out some garlic, carrots, broccoli, brussel sprouts and a couple of test tomatoes -- I'm gonna see just how long I can baby a tomato plant before it croaks on me.🤷

Met with Surgeon on my MRI yesterday, Insurance requiring spinal infusion first. That will mask the issue till I get into winter then surgery. I hate to be down when I get out the most. Do my doc **** in the winter, cold winter! Hang in there!

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still watering tomatoes. Noticed today most of the plants have put on new blooms in the last few days. Hoping they will keep going once the weather cools down next week and we may get another batch or two before freeze out.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope hasnt rained here in who knows when even thou i replanted some squash it has all but bit the dust might try again later if it starts to rain anytime soon. But im not going to water anything if it dies it just dies.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have only watered what is in the greenhouse. Getting a few blooms but still too hot to set fruit.
But on another note, a pop up thunderstorm dumped about 1.5" this afternoon. First rain we've had in awhile. The purple Hull peas I planted ln July might actually make some peas.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Planted pumpkins in the spot where sweetcorn was.......all I can do is keep it alive right now. Thankfully the garden is on a 'leg' of the yard sprinkler system. Water it every other night in the wee hours of the morning

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Planted pumpkins in the spot where sweetcorn was.......all I can do is keep it alive right now. Thankfully the garden is on a 'leg' of the yard sprinkler system. Water it every other night in the wee hours of the morning

I put in a whole yard sprinkler system in our last home. Had em in a few. Love em for what they do, and had zones that would do garden. Not where I am yet, but hope soon. I even did all my fertilizer and weed control through my sprinklers. Makes it easy work!

Latest posts

Top Bottom