Any still watering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I’m watering is my tame blackberries.
Same here. Watering now is focused on keeping strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries alive for next year’s crop. I’m also water the jalapeño, bell, and banana pepper plants which are still producing. Tomatoes, cucumbers, and cantaloupe are basically done and burning-up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tomato plants in bloom now probably won’t ripen but fried green tomatoes or tomatoes on the grill is one of our favorite foods.
We visited the farmers markets in Colorado every week to buy a couple green heirloom tomatoes to cook.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've quit picking okra and just let the pods mature out and save the seeds. Still have sweet potatoes in the ground if the fire ants haven't chewed holes all over them.
Might get enough rain to soften the ground to dig.

But I'm on night number 2 pulling night shift sitting with my Dad that had hip surgery today. Don't get much done trying to catch a little sleep in the day time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've quit picking okra and just let the pods mature out and save the seeds. Still have sweet potatoes in the ground if the fire ants haven't chewed holes all over them.
Might get enough rain to soften the ground to dig.

But I'm on night number 2 pulling night shift sitting with my Dad that had hip surgery today. Don't get much done trying to catch a little sleep in the day time.
Hope it’s successful and he recovers completely.

Bravo1413

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I moved the cattle bucket tomatoes into only half sun under a huge Willow Oak and water them twice a day. Also moved two others cow buckets of Jalapeños to 3/4 Sun. Water everything by hand twice a day. Still making cherries, jalapeños, purple eggplant.

Ya’ll still going and watering a lot?
Last years garden went into compost pile. Had plenty of tomatoes canned from last year. Only planted a couple this year for eating. Used compost for planting and OMG. had about 30 plants sprout up everywhere. Canned, peeled and froze, ate, gave away many, and finally pulled all green (which will ripen slowly) then pulled plants. Saved many seeds and then put plants in burn pile this year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom