Any T/C Contender Shooters Out There?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most fun caliber I ever shot in a Contender was 375 JDJ in a 14" . Shooting Creedmore position off my leg
My fav one is my 44 mag, it started out with a 14' bull barrel which I later cut down to 10" and threaded it for a suppressor, I load 300g Sierra's to about 1000 fps and its a hoot to shoot, would like to try it on hogs if I go somewhere that has them.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not that popular! It is like orphan!

I was thinking maybe Wildey made a 45 win mag auto! Cant remember for sure!

Wildey - Wikipedia

Most people buying a lever action would gravitate towards the 44 mag and 45 colt!

Years ago I wanted a 357 max for a contender, actually bought the brass, but never a barrel!

Since they pretty much flushed TC down the toilet, doubtful I'll ever get one.

I would not mind a 375 win 21 incher to play with, but I am not willing to pay those crazy prices now days for a barrel!
I had a Wildey in .45 Win Mag, had a 12" barrel.

gemihur

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are all great to shoot.
Latest favorite is the 30 Raptor by Gary Reeder
30 Raptor walnut thumbhole furniture sm.jpg

I shape the furniture for my contenders

Last edited:

Prairie Traveler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember right, the .45 Win Mag came out as an effort to have an "economical" .45 cal. for handgun Metallic Silhouette shooting, when a .45LC was not quite enough on the rams. Being based on the .45ACP, dies were not that much of an expense, especially if the shooter was already fielding a 1911, for bowling pin, or paper. also with the right loads and sights, the extra bit of bullet dia. gives it a bit of an edge on a .44Mag. {IMHO}

Latest posts

Top Bottom