Anybody here use Starlink?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On this same discussion, my frustration is there's new fiber optic buried in the road about 20ft from my front door. They did that last year under one of Bidens infrastructure handouts. I learned yesterday, they used all the money and have abandoned the project, so no Fibre optic out here as promised. Bah. But yay for Starlink! Glad I didn't keep waiting for Fiber.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, been great. Had one outage but that was system wide. I'm assuming it will at worst stay the same, but possibly get better with it in the air. This weekend we are supposed to get our first good snow, so will see how that effects reception and how well the snow melt function works.

This was a last test with it on the ground, before putting it in that air. I'll give it a few days to adjust and do it's thing in the air and try again.

Screenshot_20231223_090654_Starlink.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep...speed test, obstructions, turn on/off/auto snow melt, stow antenna, etc. Tons of info!
Have you tried it with Wi-Fi security cameras? Years ago, we had Hughes satellite. The latency was so slow that Wi-Fi cameras would not work at all.
I understand the Hughes is in high orbit and the Star Link in low earth orbit which should put the latency a lot faster. Just looking for some firsthand observations.

Latest posts

Top Bottom