Anybody here use Starlink?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geezer77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a long-suffering Hughes satellite refugee, I say congrats and go for whatever broadband you can get. When you figure in a bundle of monthly cash saved by dumping Hughes/Dish/DirecTV/ATT whatever and streaming TV via Youtube TV, Hulu, Sling, etc., Starlink fees starts to look pretty reasonable (we use Amazon Fire Stick because we already had Amazon Prime Video, but they will all work). I was headed the Starlink direction back then, but while waiting for Starlink to get around to us, we (finally!) got OEC Fiber's buried fiber service out of Norman a year ago. Absolutely love buried fiber. 100MB/s minimum both up and down 24/7 for $55/month, no data limits, no caps, no slow-downs, no dishes on the roof, no hassles. For $30 more I can bump it up to 1GB, but I have no need for that much bandwidth. A simple three-station mesh router setup provides broadband/wifi covering about 3 acres inside/outside. As for reliability, we have not had a single minute of outage that I know of since installation over a year ago, as long as OG&E does their part. The only down time has been during OG&E service interruptions, and even then my generator will get the fiber modem, wifi, and TV back on line. Needless to say, I'm a big fan of OEC Fiber.

Dadof#4

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son bought the star link for us and a handiman mounted it on my roof. Probis, He didnt mount it right and it isn't working properly. Who did you use to mount it on your roof ?

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I'm still tinkering with this. Got a man lift coming tomorrow since my ladder wasn't tall enough to get my dish as high as I wanted. Got the rest of my tubing to "do it right" and another buddy will come over and trench it to the house when he's done with harvest.
I'm not afraid of heights but that thing gets pretty wobbly with my ogre self up top of it. It's sufficiently rated but man they move!

20231021_130135.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I'm still tinkering with this. Got a man lift coming tomorrow since my ladder wasn't tall enough to get my dish as high as I wanted. Got the rest of my tubing to "do it right" and another buddy will come over and trench it to the house when he's done with harvest.
I'm not afraid of heights but that thing gets pretty wobbly with my ogre self up top of it. It's sufficiently rated but man they move!

View attachment 422441
Manlift is the way to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom