anybody make any cool home made firearms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just wondering what all kinds of home made guns you guys have made. i have made a few different kinds of guns. i got a break open single-shot 12 ga shotgun and a couple other guns i need to finish building someday. i know there was a guy that went by the username of "unknown cat" on youtube that supposedly was from oklahoma and i loved watching his videos. he made a bunch of really cool interesting welded together guns. before 3-d printing was a thing i got into welding and got a welding licence just to be able to make guns someday and the only one i have really got around to making so far was a tig welded semi auto vmac9.

i like to lurk on the weapons guild :)

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you do, do not talk about it online or you too could go to prison like the father and son a week or so ago. Personally I like reading the books but would not build one unless it was a SHTF situation.

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you do, do not talk about it online or you too could go to prison like the father and son a week or so ago. Personally I like reading the books but would not build one unless it was a SHTF situation.
what world do you live in where its illegal to build guns? this isnt communist california and im not talking about building a illegal full auto gun or a illegal short barrel rifle or shotgun. why do people always jump to the conclusion that things are illegal. it shouldnt be illegal to build one of those type of fire arms or own one anyways. but you got to be a really responsible individual with 15,000$ to own a machinegun dontcha? only the rich people can afford to own one of those. no to bump stocks or frt's cause scary machine guns and you gotta pay a tax and fees for stamps because the government likes their free money and passing un constitutional violations of the amendments.

dont assume things are illegal or call them out even if they were like people that say Do you have a tax stamp? who cares. mind your business. im not saying i break the law and im not encouraging anyone to. its not worth the risk. plenty of people myself included enjoy making firearms that are already legal to own and legal to build, like semi auto rifles and handguns.
basically what im saying is you give them more validity to make ridiculous gun laws like 922r or jumping to the conclusion that home made guns are illegal spreads the fear that ohh no home made guns shouldnt be legal..... the more people stop acknowledging things the more so those laws that should have never been a thing to start with become irrelevant and fade and erode away.

when the forefathers wrote the 2nd amendment they fully envisioned people would be making their own home made guns because all the guns back then were home made. it has been legal to make home made guns for as long as America has been America.

Last edited:

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
plus if your talking about these idiots -
Father, son arrested with ghost gun, Glock switches and drugs, authorities say
pretty sure they went to jail over the illegal full auto conversion switches and the drugs.
you think things like polymer 80% would have been a thing if they were illegal?
Those are the guys I believe but I did not hear about the drugs, just the so called ghost guns. That said you can bet the ATF is watching for post from guys building their own guns and will be checking them with a fine tooth comb.

In today's political climate and especially with all the mass murders going on, the only guns I would build are muzzle loaders.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just wondering what all kinds of home made guns you guys have made. i have made a few different kinds of guns. i got a break open single-shot 12 ga shotgun and a couple other guns i need to finish building someday. i know there was a guy that went by the username of "unknown cat" on youtube that supposedly was from oklahoma and i loved watching his videos. he made a bunch of really cool interesting welded together guns. before 3-d printing was a thing i got into welding and got a welding licence just to be able to make guns someday and the only one i have really got around to making so far was a tig welded semi auto vmac9.

i like to lurk on the weapons guild :)
Wahahahahahahaha smells Feddish….. pretty sure you are not supposed to manufacture with an FFL manufacturers license.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try manufacturing your own full auto gun, I would bet the ATF pays you a visit
If you are stupid enough to build a full-auto gun with the laws we have now, you deserve what you get. But it is perfectly legal to build semi-auto, revolving, lever, and single shot guns according to Federal law if allowed in your state's laws. Does an individual need a license to make a firearm for personal use? | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

You can even build a Gatling gun, legally, so long as you don't motorize it. Hand-crank only.

Bill

Latest posts

Top Bottom