Anyone broken a hand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was much younger I crushed my wrist. When I was just younger (and hot still headed) I broke both of my hands at the same time during a fight (boxer break). That was really inconvenient.

USN-SCW-Ret

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I broke my dominate right hand, early in life. Same as the rest, I had a boxers fracture. My hand swoll up immediately and I puked, Dr said it was mild shock from a broken bone. I had it in a cast for a month and a half. And like the others it still hurts sometimes when the weather gets cold and damp.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I broke my left arm when i was 7. I was skating for the first time and fell backwards. I caught myself with my right arm and my left arm flailed backwards and hit the floor. I broke the radius and cracked the ulna. I was in a cast for 6 weeks.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Broke the 5th metacarpal ('twixt little finger and wrist) a few years ago. I was cutting up a downed tree and it rolled and hit my hand. I thought it broke my arm on the thumb side cause that's where it was hurting, plus a fair amount of skin was removed there. On the way to the ER I felt a little knot on that 5th metacarpal, pushed on it, and experienced that "broken bone nausea". The docs said everything healed up nicely, but there is still something not quite right. Where it broke doesn't bother me, but when I make a fist and relax it, my ring finger has to pop before it straightens out, the ball of my thumb is still a bit tender, and I don't have the grip strength I used to have. Not that it was all that much anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom