Broken elbow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you’ve never broken your elbow, I highly recommend that you don’t. This sucks. I fractured the head of the radius bone on the inside of my left elbow. I won’t find out until next Monday whether I’ll need surgery or not. In the meantime, I’m stuck in a hard splint/ half cast until then.
Least I’ve got a great wife and the use of my right hand.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you’ve never broken your elbow, I highly recommend that you don’t. This sucks. I fractured the head of the radius bone on the inside of my left elbow. I won’t find out until next Monday whether I’ll need surgery or not. In the meantime, I’m stuck in a hard splint/ half cast until then.
Least I’ve got a great wife and the use of my right hand.
I feel your pain. I did that exact thing four weeks ago. I did not need surgery as the fracture stayed lined up and in place. I chose not to have it casted either (not sure if that was a great course of action or not). Was hoping the elbow would not freeze up. Unfortunately, I did lose quite a bit of range of motion so I will begin PT soon.
My wife has been a great help too. I am sure she is glad I can somewhat use my left arm now.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I did that exact thing four weeks ago. I did not need surgery as the fracture stayed lined up and in place. I chose not to have it casted either (not sure if that was a great course of action or not). Was hoping the elbow would not freeze up. Unfortunately, I did lose quite a bit of range of motion so I will begin PT soon.
My wife has been a great help too. I am sure she is glad I can somewhat use my left arm now.
I’ve got a lot of soft tissue damage too. If I get the option, I’ll probably go with the cast for a couple weeks. It was a fun little bike wreck.

who was your doctor?

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bicycle or motorcycle?
Bicycle. We were on a big organized ride with police blocking intersections. An idiot cyclist in the front of the pack decided to stop at the red light without any warning. Had to grab my brakes and swerve. Unfortunately the guy behind me didn’t see what happened and plowed into me a full speed. I’m pretty black and blue today. The other guy dislocated his shoulder and broke is shoulder blade.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope you get well soon.

To all OSA members, you are getting hurt or sick too much, STOP IT! Don't make me send our crack nursing team to take care of you guys!

nurse.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom