Anyone broken a hand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I split a knuckle on my right hand in high school- same thing, punching an inanimate object. It is deformed to this day.

My daughter broke her thumb on a trampoline a couple years ago. She fell and then her brother fell on top of her hand and pushed the thumb backwards, peeling the layer of bone where the ligaments attach away. It was pretty ugly. 6 weeks on that one.

OKSpeedDemon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is seriously a new level of suck. When I tore up my shoulder at least my entire arm was worthless. Now I have a good arm with effectively a stump on the end.... and a thumb. I broke it Friday night. I was hoping I just jammed a couple of fingers pretty bad. But it swelled up like someone had inflated a rubber glove. I've had tons of jammed fingers but not any that made my actual hand swell and turn black halfway down my palm. I went to the ER last night to find out it was broken. They didn't put a cast on it though. They said they don't do casts. Not that I wanted one, but WTF?

Anyway, I got a splint and it all wrapped up. They said it broke a piece off by my knuckles and I need to follow up with a orthopedic doc. :nolike: Anyone have any idea what I'm in for? How long does this take to heal?

And it takes a long time to type with 1 good hand and a thumb.

You’re not a spring chicken anymore. You might as well give up on the soccer, it's a young man’s game and you’re not young anymore. When you break **** it’s gonna hurt more and take longer to heal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom