Anyone here reloads primers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, if I need some SPP, of which I have ZERO, I should not buy any until the price falls to $25? Or wait until this guy makes some so we can all start making them? lol

I thought you reloaded and had your primer stash?
Hey, it is the out-of-stater. Lol

Just for giggles I looked it up.

12/29/2008 they was $24.16 / brick of 1000.
10/8/2014 $23.99 / 1000

I see on @PanhandleGlocker page some 9mm as low as 22.5 cents per round.
PanhandleGlocker GDOTD!!

The better blazer brass @ 29.9 cents per round.

And they are loading those, shipping them out the door at a profit.

Surely the cost to mfg those primer has barely changed with the minuscule increase in the cost of raw materials.

It is basic supply demand! Hey, by all means, if you "need" some grab some!
I guess if I had a "need" to load some for some self defence, or hunting ammo because I was completely out (and my life depended on it), I would grab some too, but no way would I be buying in bulk!!

@Darth-Vang

Surely interesting, and definitely something that would be great to know how to do!

I would think a person could be safer today to do this out of their garage than it was in a factory in the 1800s.

Keep us posted! :thumb:

KG5VW

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I learned my lesson during the Obama years and put back an ample supply of components during the “good times“ for my needs. With that said, however, I hope you are successful with your project of reloading primers. If so, please post your methodology; we may all need that knowledge eventually.
Exactly my thoughts! It’s not for everyone but if we ever got into that situation where there will be no more factory primers people will be searching for guys like this to buy/barter from him or learn how he does it. Some people can’t tie their own shoes (Joe Biden) but others are smart enough to do things like this and do it safely.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was watching a show about how they make primers. It was manually in very small batches and hand scraping the igniter in. I suppose after the fourth or fifth time a tray lights up in your face you probably quit pooping yourself and just carry on...

Probably a select market for prosthetic eyebrows too. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom