Anyone here tried a ZIPLOCK omelette?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread is almost as bad as the "cook bacon in the oven" thread.

I'll admit that I'm out of practice in the omelette slangin' game...but I'd never stoop this low. Oh the humanity.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Name brand ziplock doesn't put BPA into their plastic, therefore it isnt much of a risk. No more of a risk then when you reheat via tuperware or any plastic storage device.

We did lots of inventive or crazy things in boyscouts:

Dutch oven pizza, cobbler, biscuits, etc.

Orange peel cooking; Cut a 1/3rd of an orange off and scoop out the inside with a spoon or by whatever means (eat it obviously). You can then crack eggs into it and cook the eggs over a fire, you can use it as a cup, etc. Same thing can be done with a grapefruit.

Instant chocolate milk. Powered milk, hot chocolate powder, + water. Much more bearable than powered milk by itself.

On survival camp out for 3 days, two nights, we were given few supplies, some fruit (ie the oranges and grapefruits), backpack, tarp, and twine. The rest we had to fend for ourselves. Made a fishing pole out of a tree branch and twine, fish hook out of a saftey pin. Caught 4-5 fish a day, kept a fire going (flint and steel, oh yeah), at fruit in between fish to keep me going. Purified water by boiling it in the orange bowls. Cooked the fish hot dog style on wooden pickets and ate if off the stick. Was a good experience.

Other easy meal is a "hobo dinner." Get a 12" by 12" piece of foil, roll a ball of hamburger meat in the middle and make it into a bowl type shape. Fill it with onions, tomatoes, potato, etc... Roll the ball of foil up, wrap another layer of foil over it. Toss it into the coals of a fire and let it cook for about 10-15 minutes. Pull it out, let it cool, and you have a hobo dinner.

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We made the omelet in the zip lock bag one morning in deer camp a few years ago. It was pretty good. We didn't call it puke in a bag. We called it an egg turd.

Rooster cogburn

Marksman
Reaction score
Man oh man are those things good! I like to add salt and pepper into the bag before its cooked so its all mixed in... And I wouldnt worry about some strange chemicals seeping out. Even if they do, what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger!

Latest posts

Top Bottom