Anyone know a trustworthy FFL to transfer to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not trying to bust your butt or anything but..... You ya know that your supposed to enter received firearms into your bound book by the close of the following business day right?

You have seven business days. But don't procrastinate.. I do everything that comes in immeadiatley, then It goes directly into the safe.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have seven business days. But don't procrastinate.. I do everything that comes in immeadiatley, then It goes directly into the safe.

As Randy Jackson would say -----You know your my Dog right? I'm only responding so there is no confusion and everyone can learn

27 CFR 478.125

Generally, Licensees have to enter the acquisition or purchase of a firearm by the close of the next business day after the acquisition or purchase and shall record sales or other dispositions within 7 days

However, if commercial records containing the required information are available for inspection and are separate from other commercial documents, dealers have seven days from the time of the reciept to record the reciept in the bound book ..........................

So, the way I'm reading it........ yea, You could stretch the two day rule into 7 IF you ( as a company) had written the pertinent information down and kept it separate from your bound book OR had a commercial reciept with the information in it and was kept elsewhere...

So.,,,, Can we both be right?

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell yes you MUST do a visual. People make MANY mistakes writing SN's NEVER just go by whats on the pack slip. IF they even include a pack slip. geeze... LOL

I put on the post we initially bring them in our system off the packing slip, and after opening the package we verify that all information is correct and make necessary changes if needed.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As Randy Jackson would say -----You know your my Dog right? I'm only responding so there is no confusion and everyone can learn

27 CFR 478.125

Generally, Licensees have to enter the acquisition or purchase of a firearm by the close of the next business day after the acquisition or purchase and shall record sales or other dispositions within 7 days

However, if commercial records containing the required information are available for inspection and are separate from other commercial documents, dealers have seven days from the time of the reciept to record the reciept in the bound book ..........................

So, the way I'm reading it........ yea, You could stretch the two day rule into 7 IF you ( as a company) had written the pertinent information down and kept it separate from your bound book OR had a commercial reciept with the information in it and was kept elsewhere...

So.,,,, Can we both be right?

I appreciate the information. It seems like we're learning something new everyday. That's what these boards are for. I think we can both agree to be right!!

Medic30cm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did business with Freedom Pawn. I dealt with Dan, he was very friendly and he even helped me carry my purchases to my truck. I would do business with them any time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom