Anyone own or got to handle any of these automatic knives???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slimjlm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a ProTech Godson that I bought about ten years ago, and it is a very high quality knife. It came with the G10 grips, but I called ProTech and ordered a set of burlwood panels. The guy I talked to walked back to the stock room and described sets to me over the phone until one sounded perfect. I then carried it every day for five years, opening it multiple times a day. I liked the feel of the action so much that I formed a habit of opening and closing it one-handed during any down time (almost continuously) for the first couple of years. This did eventually cause the mainspring to break, but only after a conservative estimate of 7500 cycles. I once again called ProTech and they offered to repair it for no charge, I only was to pay shipping to them, but I’m a machinist so they agreed to send the replacement spring to me so I could replace if myself. Well, two springs (they sent a spare!) arrived shortly and I was back in business!!

I have since stopped carrying my Godson, mainly because the point is somewhat delicate and I am working with my hands (and pocket knife) much more than when I bought it. I now carry an assisted opening SOG Twitch II that is almost as fast as an Automatic, but is legal.

I would strongly recommend buying from ProTech, their products and service are top notch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom