anyone shoot 7mm-08?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-bob

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a 7mm-08 Marlin XS7 youth model for my wife a couple of weeks ago. It was on clearance at Academy for $259. We put a box of rounds through it last weekend. What a deal! I'm waiting for the Bushnell 3200 Elite I ordered to get here for it, but it shot very well with a cheapy Simmons. I'm very pleased.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Appreciate the thread and info from the post. I was considering a Savage in 7-08. Good info. Thanks

I saw one at King's Pawn in Midwest City about two weeks ago. New, and a pretty good price that I now can't remember.

They are just east of Sunnylane on Reno, north side of street. You might call 'em and see if they still have it. CB

edit: Also saw a Marlin (looks like a Savage design to me) at Outdoor America this week. It was less than $300.

brantwalton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love my son's gun. He has the American Rifle compact model from Ruger. He is 8 and while hunting these last two years with the Hornady custom lite ammo he has taken two does and a 8 point. All around 100 yards. I have taken 1 doe with it and it's a good shooter.

WAFFENFELT

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a great chambering, a real deer slayer and very comfortable to shoot. It is just a 308 with a lighter flatter shooting bullet. Less drop and less recoil than a 308 with a great selection of match and hunting bullets. It is one of my favourites but I want to try 280 ackley next.

Latest posts

Top Bottom