AR-15 for War

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh believe me AK-47 is my preferred platform, but the AK I really want I can't find.... Arsenal SAM7F-84E or 94E (but I don't really want to shell out $2500 for the 94E). Also with all the crap going on with the Russian's I'm wondering how much longer we will be importing ammo from them.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh believe me AK-47 is my preferred platform, but the AK I really want I can't find.... Arsenal SAM7F-84E or 94E (but I don't really want to shell out $2500 for the 94E. Also with all the crap going on with the Russian's I'm wondering how much longer we will be importing ammo from them.
We don't, whatever is in the distribution pipeline is it. Since I never buy steel cased, it doesn't really affect me other than a caliber price increase. As far as to war, I would be happy with an AK or an AR. No real preference on brand, just reliable.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An A2 or M4 variant, absolutely nothing piston-driven nor using any other specialized parts, and certainly no oddball calibers. I want maximum compatibility for resupply and when parts need replacing. It's a machine, and parts on a machine are going to get worn out when they're used.

That's also why any AK variant is a terrible idea.

Spitfire

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be happy with any one of my ARs. With the AR platform being the most popular rifle in the U.S. I would imagine .223/5.56 would be very plentiful beside the fact our armed forces currently use it. 9mm would be very plentiful as well and my sidearm would indeed be a 9mm. But a pistol round just has too many shortcomings for use as a main battle weapon. IMHO

Latest posts

Top Bottom