AR open carry at Hafer park in Edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most people would wander why a person feels the need to walk around in public carrying like that. If you feel the need to exercise the right to do so then go for it. Send me a pic of the wife, I may consider consoling her when you get yourself shot. Just out of curiosity, have you ever served in the military? What training, if any, have you attended? I’m pretty sure most professionals would advise against openly carrying an AR rifle or pistol just to prove a point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Oh I wouldn’t carry a long gun to make a point. Not for me. I totally agree it’s inadvisable. But I support the right to do it. I don’t have to agree with someone’s actions or views to defend their rights. I’ve previously stated in multiple threads I would generally only carry a long gun in certain kinds of emergencies where there truly was a compelling reason to do so.

And if I ever got shot for nothing more than lawfully carrying a firearm, my wife will be enjoying her massive settlement too much to notice you.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's interesting. The woman who did all the recent defacing in Norman and OKC, and the young man who was the shooter at Louie's, and many other infamous folks were doing what they thought was right, or attempting to inform the public what was happening, and on and on. Untempered passion, right or wrong, often leads to unintended results. This young man in Edmond, probably has nothing but the best of intentions, but he just didn't think it through.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One very important difference is he didn’t do anything illegal. I agree it’s vital that we all approach disagreements dispassionately and avoid at all costs acting out of frustration, anger, etc., especially when guns are involved. But it’s disgraceful for you to compare a man peacefully carrying a firearm to someone trying to take the life of another. You should be ashamed.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But it’s disgraceful for you to compare a man peacefully carrying a firearm to someone trying to take the life of another. You should be ashamed.
Didn't he alledgedly point the weapon at some folks?

If so, that doesn't exactly fall under the category of "peacefully carrying a firearm" IMO.

Seems like there's still too much speculation going on to nail down a firm opinion of the situation.

Lol, that's my opinion anyway...
:drunk2:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Oh I wouldn’t carry a long gun to make a point. Not for me. I totally agree it’s inadvisable. But I support the right to do it. I don’t have to agree with someone’s actions or views to defend their rights. I’ve previously stated in multiple threads I would generally only carry a long gun in certain kinds of emergencies where there truly was a compelling reason to do so.

And if I ever got shot for nothing more than lawfully carrying a firearm, my wife will be enjoying her massive settlement too much to notice you.

Dang it, I need a sugar mama. Send me a pic just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't he alledgedly point the weapon at some folks?

If so, that doesn't exactly fall under the category of "peacefully carrying a firearm" IMO.

Seems like there's still too much speculation going on to nail down a firm opinion of the situation.

Lol, that's my opinion anyway...
:drunk2:
That was BA not Edmond....allegedly pointed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom