AR open carry at Hafer park in Edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang it, I need a sugar mama. Send me a pic just in case.

In the twenty years or so I’ve been participating in online forums, I’ve never blocked anyone. I’m a very patient and tolerant person. Your repeated posts disrespecting my wife have earned you the distinction of being the first person I’ve ever blocked. If OSA is a place that tolerates this kind of incivility, I need to re-evaluate participating here at all.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I was joking. I’m sure your wife is a lovely woman and would spend her millions wisely if you carried an AR in public and got yourself shot. Lighten up buttercup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't he alledgedly point the weapon at some folks?

If so, that doesn't exactly fall under the category of "peacefully carrying a firearm" IMO.

Seems like there's still too much speculation going on to nail down a firm opinion of the situation.

Lol, that's my opinion anyway...
:drunk2:

As far as I can tell, that was a different person. Mugshot looks nothing like the guy in Edmond. Edmond guy gave police the name “Tim.” BA guy is Richard Hubbard.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, that was a different person. Mugshot looks nothing like the guy in Edmond. Edmond guy gave police the name “Tim.” BA guy is Richard Hubbard.
Definitely a different individual. Somewhere in this thread a video of "Edmond Tim" was posted of him pleading with folks to call the BA jail asking them to hurry up and process "Broken Arrow Hubbard" aka "Picture Perfect". Edmond Tim also claimed that BA Hubbard is the guy who got him into "auditing".

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m sure this has been said before I’m all about 2A rights but in today’s society carrying a long gun especially an AR in public just to prove a point and educate is just hurting OUR CAUSE there are too many people out there that JUST WATCH CNN MSNBC or other bias networks surely we can get our point across another way other than scaring the hell out of women and children in a dam park go to the corner across from a police station or somewhere else but not a park. We got to work TOGETHER

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe police shouldn’t be responding code 3 to man with a gun calls. They don’t in Norman. Dispatch asks if the person is pointing the gun or threatening anyone, and if not, they advise the caller that carrying a gun is not illegal and they usually don’t respond to the call (although they have lately to check for SDA license since some people think unlicensed carry is already legal). Why are you blaming the gun owner for the problems created by people’s irrational fears and the police’s overreaction?

I think the irrational fears are caused by the irrational actions of these “auditors” and the response of the people who were disturbed by their actions and called 9-1-1. In today’s society, a “man with a gun” call is taken VERY seriously. A dispatcher sits in a room and receives information and complaints over the phone. They only know what they are told which may or not be a complete lie. Officers have been victims of planned ambushes by people making bogus calls. It’s no surprise that the PD responded with multiple officers and armed to the teeth. They can’t afford to take the chance.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the irrational fears are caused by the irrational actions of these “auditors” and the response of the people who were disturbed by their actions and called 9-1-1. In today’s society, a “man with a gun” call is taken VERY seriously. A dispatcher sits in a room and receives information and complaints over the phone. They only know what they are told which may or not be a complete lie. Officers have been victims of planned ambushes by people making bogus calls. It’s no surprise that the PD responded with multiple officers and armed to the teeth. They can’t afford to take the chance.

Well, other agencies in Oklahoma seem to have a more restrained approach to handling “man with a gun” calls (i.e. without running hot with weapons drawn). And it doesn’t seem to cause any problems for them, so I’m skeptical of the need or benefit of police reacting so…proactively. :rolleyes2 Since I used to almost always OC, I’ve been the subject of multiple “man with a gun” calls in Norman and officers have only responded once, a couple weeks ago. How did they respond? Code 1, approached me completely relaxed, asked for ID, thanked me for carrying, and left. This is Norman I’m talking about. It’s not exactly a haven for conservative values, but even they don’t freak out about people carrying guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom