AR prices dropping or they as low as they are going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangpowr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spent Saturday with my son, went to the gun show and a couple gun shops. Saturday night went to concert. What I noticed was how much AR's have dropped in price. Almost all were under the $1000 mark except for a few Colts and a couple Black Rain....... Seen them under $700 and seen a Few AR10's under $900..... looking around on some Forum pages I see that some sellers are still asking $1300-1500 for the same AR that could be picked up a new onew at the Gun Shops I went too for less....Fat Boy tactical has a great deal on stripped lowers right now....
So is this were the Prices are going to stay ? or will they go lower?
whay say you all?

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can build a new AR for $500, so I'm not sure how much lower they can go. With that said, I'm not an expert so who knows!

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... looking around on some Forum pages I see that some sellers are still asking $1300-1500 for the same AR that could be picked up new at the Gun Shops I went too for less...

You're absolutely right - but make sure you're making a good comparison and don't forget to consider the Gun Shop cost of any extra mags, sights, accessories, etc. that may be included with one for sale on the forum, not to mention adding any necessary sales tax or shipping charges, to the cost of that new gun when you're comparing the total cost.

As for general trends - I doubt costs will get much lower except for isolated cases to reduce inventory and the like. Now's probably a good time for bargain hunting because I suspect the prices will start creeping back up next month just as soon as the Republicans fail to take over the Senate, giving us all two more years of Democratic obstructionism in Congress and King O another two years to wield the Royal Pen completely unchecked.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Within the last week or so, Palmetto State has had complete lowers for 129.00 and complete uppers for 289.00. Include shipping and the 10.00 transfer fee and you're looking at 453.00 shipped for a decent AR. Fat Boys JSE uppers are another great choice for a few dollars more.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Within the last week or so, Palmetto State has had complete lowers for 129.00 and complete uppers for 289.00. Include shipping and the 10.00 transfer fee and you're looking at 453.00 shipped for a decent AR. Fat Boys JSE uppers are another great choice for a few dollars more.

Don't forget to add a few dollars for the luxury items like sights or a magazine. :)

But I wonder whether things have really come down all that much. At the height of the craziness after Newtown DPMS Sporticals were selling for $597. Right now on a quick search of the interwebz the lowest price I see for the same rifle is $586.99+$10 shipping. For the budget minded who aren't interested in building a Frankengun the Kel-Tec SU-16A is out there for $469+20 shipping. If that's just too budget there's the Mossberg MMR for $559+5 shipping.

So has the market really softened up, or have we just grown accustomed to higher prices? Everything else has gone up - fuel, food, you name it. Maybe it's less a matter of prices coming down than it is everything else going up even more?

Stock up boys..... all it takes is one nutjob.

Yep!

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Don't forget to add a few dollars for the luxury items like sights or a magazine. :)

But I wonder whether things have really come down all that much. At the height of the craziness after Newtown DPMS Sporticals were selling for $597. Right now on a quick search of the interwebz the lowest price I see for the same rifle is $586.99+$10 shipping. For the budget minded who aren't interested in building a Frankengun the Kel-Tec SU-16A is out there for $469+20 shipping. If that's just too budget there's the Mossberg MMR for $559+5 shipping.

So has the market really softened up, or have we just grown accustomed to higher prices? Everything else has gone up - fuel, food, you name it. Maybe it's less a matter of prices coming down than it is everything else going up even more?

Yep!

I can't remember seeing any AR platform for 600.00 after Newtown. Sure I seen them on websites listed for that price, but they were always out of stock. The key point is, now everything other than 22LR is in stock and the prices seem to be in-line with before Newtown hysteria.

But as was mentioned earlier, it only takes one idiot to jack things up again.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't remember seeing any AR platform for 600.00 after Newtown.
WalMart never raised their prices, and the ones down here kept getting them in two or three at a time every week or so. There was one lady who'd wait at the west store for the FedEx truck every day and buy every one she could - you would've thought she was buying .22LR or something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom