Are we still the greatest nation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe the US is still the greatest nation in the world, although it is not as great as it once was.
What is the greatest nation in your opinion?

It matters what the qualifications are.

I would say the time of the US of A is fading and the time of China is rising.
Chine is the greatest nation, due in part to our own fiscal policy, which aided them in becoming the greatest.

Now I'm a patriot, but that doesn't mean being blind and declaring superiority all the time.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It matters what the qualifications are.

I would say the time of the US of A is fading and the time of China is rising.
Chine is the greatest nation, due in part to our own fiscal policy, which aided them in becoming the greatest.

Now I'm a patriot, but that doesn't mean being blind and declaring superiority all the time.

What qualifies China as the greatest nation?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good question since by all accounts China is having major economic problems too but is doing a pretty fair job of hiding it from those who do not care to look. I should also mention that video is wrong on several points.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What qualifies China as the greatest nation?

Its economy is rapidly approaching ours at a rate surpassing the world growth rate.
They have considerably more influence in the resource-rich areas of Africa.
Meanwhile, we are wasting resources fighting in brush wars. We are literally flogging ourselves with a whip made in China.
We have one of the worst debts in the developed world. Our education system is far from being "great".

So yeah,
1.China
2.US of A

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
.Its economy is rapidly approaching ours at a rate surpassing the world growth rate
They have considerably more influence in the resource-rich areas of Africa.
Meanwhile, we are wasting resources fighting in brush wars. We are literally flogging ourselves with a whip made in China.
We have one of the worst debts in the developed world. Our education system is far from being "great".

So yeah,
1.China
2.US of A

So their economy and influence in Africa make them the greatest nation?

I'm not sure what all qualifies a nation to be the greatest in most peoples minds, but I don't think those two qualifications put a nation at the top.

You are giving more reasons why you think the US is number two, than China is number one.

It is one thing to say that the US is fading and China is rising, but I still don't see where China qualifies as the greatest nation.

I am not arguing, just wanting to know why China is greater than the US. I thought I might learn something.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good question since by all accounts China is having major economic problems too but is doing a pretty fair job of hiding it from those who do not care to look. I should also mention that video is wrong on several points.

Wrong on which points?

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So their economy and influence in Africa make them the greatest nation?
India and Africa are two growing places in the world. When Africa begins to become more powerful and wealthy, China will be the largest powerbroker there. Meanwhile, what influence do we have? In the Middle east and maybe in Europe (which is stagnant currently).

It can easily be established that the US ranks below 5 in education and health.
But we do have the greatest military in the world I suppose. We do have many freedoms, almost all of which are common to Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, France, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Poland, Germay, France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, and many more.

In the terms of freedoms, we are one of many. In terms of military, you could say we are feared, which is a bittersweet victory.

If the US of A isn't number #1 the only other choice for #1 would be China.

Latest posts

Top Bottom