Are Wilson 45's worth the price tag ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never owned...or even fired, I don't think...a Wilson Combat pistol. That's unfortunate for me, I guess. I've owned two Baers...both Thunder Ranch models, and an Ed Brown CQB. Both Baers were problematic. The Brown just didn't do anything for me.

Far and away the best 1911 I've ever owned was an early Springfield Professional I was able to get shortly after the FBI adopted them. Stupidly, I sold it. But, I picked up another one a few years ago (in 9mm) and I love it, too.

Running close seconds would be my Colt Special Combat Gov't (Carry Model) and an early Kimber Warrior. Still have the Colt but gave the Warrior to my son.

A nicely made, custom 1911...from any maker...feels unlike any other handgun, in my opinion. Something about them just feels perfectly right.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I come from a family of 1911 guys we've own dozens of custom 1911's . I've owned 1 WC it was a millennium protector back in the 90's after 3 trips back to wilson I finally took it to Dr Barry Grayson and he made it run like a top. I wouldn't spend a nickle on a wilson

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just curious. I've never owned one, are the Wilson 45's all that ?
I’ve owned at least a dozen Wilsons, and they’re really nice guns. Every one I’ve had has been bought second or third hand, and in my opinion, for the price of all new semi custom 1911’s, I’d rather send a base gun off to a custom builder and get one built to my specs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom