Are you prepped for ice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My lights are flickering and theres a tree down blocking the road in front of my house.

My pantry is fully stocked until spring.
My generator is gased n ready.
I have a well so waters not a problem (knock on wood)
Ive got 4-5 ricks of wood and access to several more.
2 chainsaws, extra bars n chains, all gassed n ready. When its light out ill clear the road.
Ive got central air and a very good wood stove.

Ive got the 4wheeler gased n ready.
Also have full tanks of gas in all vehicles.

Since this isnt my first ice storm, I declare myself full prepped n ready to ride this one out in relative comfort.

Were you prepped?

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty much the same for us other than we don't have a well. We have about 150 gallons of water in barrels and jugs. We have both Land Rovers full of gas and about 40 gallons in cans. We have a backup generator for the main one.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, we're good. Just had an insert put in that big old fireplace and it is amazing what a difference it makes! I dunno why we didn't do it sooner (well, yeah, I do, really, and it's my fault! :D) ...

Could use a little more wood but have plenty to get us through this one. I'll have Ruby's deliver some more after Christmas ...

Everything else is good to go!

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
generator is empty
trucks half full
fridge about empty
firewood is old as heck and covered in ice
all the beer done gone

some of them heavy cabelas sleeping bags is all I got going for me- lol

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
firewood is old as heck and covered in ice

Take about 5 paper towel squares off the roll. Roll them up, fold in half, and stuff into a bottle of vegetable oil like a Molotov cocktail. Let soak about 10-15 seconds, and pull out slowly so you don't spill it everywhere. Place the towel in the fireplace, and build your logs around it. Light the paper towel.

Doesn't matter how wet the wood is... it will burn. By the way, the older the wood the better (as long as it isn't rotten or petrified).

Latest posts

Top Bottom