Arizona Law Banning Ethnic Studies Takes Effect Tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! I don't get it - seems like those classes could help the Mexican kids by learning more about their history as Americans and also the non-Hispanic kids by giving them a better understanding of the people who will be their neighbors, customers, business partners, etc. Maybe I don't know enough about the world yet.

:ou1

Cedar Creek

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is just one more of many programs that need to be removed in an effort to return the focus of education to teaching kids to read and write. When I was researching the GED for my daughter I read that something like 75% of kids graduating high school this year are not able to pass the GED exam.

Souperphly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just in case anyone would like to read the law for themselves instead of taking the word of the liberal lawyer.
http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/hb2281s.pdf

Cliff notes:
Specifically, the new law prohibits curricula that:

“1. Promote the overthrow of the United States government.

2. Promote resentment toward a race or class of people.

3. Are designed primarily for pupils of a particular ethnic group.

4. Advocate ethnic solidarity instead of the treatment of pupils as individuals.”

During a CNN interview with Anderson Cooper, Horne stated, “We should be teaching these kids that this is the land of opportunity, and if they work hard they can achieve their dreams and not teach them that they are oppressed… I believe very deeply that people are individuals. They are not exemplars of the race they were born into, and this race obsessed philosophy….is wrong for the American public schools.”

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Soup, I simply posted an article, free of my opinion. So, Soup, it's not exactly "the word of the liberal lawyer."

Just in case anyone would like to read the law for themselves instead of taking the word of the liberal lawyer.
http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/hb2281s.pdf

Cliff notes:
Specifically, the new law prohibits curricula that:

“1. Promote the overthrow of the United States government.

2. Promote resentment toward a race or class of people.

3. Are designed primarily for pupils of a particular ethnic group.

4. Advocate ethnic solidarity instead of the treatment of pupils as individuals.”

During a CNN interview with Anderson Cooper, Horne stated, “We should be teaching these kids that this is the land of opportunity, and if they work hard they can achieve their dreams and not teach them that they are oppressed… I believe very deeply that people are individuals. They are not exemplars of the race they were born into, and this race obsessed philosophy….is wrong for the American public schools.”

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! I don't get it - seems like those classes could help the Mexican kids by learning more about their history as Americans and also the non-Hispanic kids by giving them a better understanding of the people who will be their neighbors, customers, business partners, etc. Maybe I don't know enough about the world yet.

:ou1

Cedar Creek

If it is good enough for the Mexican kids its good enough for the European descent kids, the African kids, the Navajo kids, the German kids, ad nauseum ... (no offense to any other group of kids I have inadvertently not listed in the making of this post).

They should be learning that they are ALL AMERICAN kids ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom