Arizona State Representative Gabrielle Giffords Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Part two: If I were to do my civic duty and pull my CCW, how do I make sure LEOs don't shoot me thinking I am a bad guy too?

Unless you're my wife or an immediate family member who I know with 100% certainty isn't involved in illegal activity, I won't pull my gun to help you. Sorry, but that's just how it's gotta be in this day and age.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im with Dutch on this one. Protecting your life is not enough to warrant spending the rest of mine away from my wife and daughter. I dont care what political affiliation you are.

longrangepistol

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who's to say another "John Wayne" won't shoot you out of fear you are a bad guy?

And this is the reason if you carry concealed, it should stay concealed. No, "I dropped my weapon out of my jacket at the movie theater", no "printing" because I like to wear skin tight clothing to show off my physique. If you have a weapon and I see it I will consider you the "BG" and will act accordingly. Number one rule in a potential gun fight, don't get into the gun fight, leave and notify the authorities. Your survival is the utmost importance!

LRP

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I fear it's isolated nut jobs like this that will create a snowball effect for us losing our 2nd Amendment rights. The knee-jerk reactions are sure to start new legislative actions soon.

Update: The reports say that he had a Glock 9mm with (2) "extended clips" holding around 30 rounds, and (2) "clips" that hold 15 rounds.

The leftist hacks will use this information as ammo for furthering their anti-gun agenda.

In other words, government gets what it wants. More gun regulation. Time will tell, but to think they'll leave it alone after this would be naive.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too Bad the SCOTUS ruled the 2nd amendment is a right not a privilege, they cannot take jack-$*&^ away without a serious fight.

The Justices are people, too; they're a lot more likely to be forgiving of laws immediately after an incident, especially one involving a politician. They've ruffled more than their respective shares of feathers....

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being that the shooting was in AZ with their liberal gun laws, do you think if there were a GOP politician attacked like this that someone in the crowd would have pulled his CCW (concealed carry weapon) and killed the gunman long before he would have shot 18 people?

No difference.

EDIT: Sorry to be jumping around tonight but it is busy.

Anyway what I wanted to say is no difference because she is a pro gun Blue Dog Dem that even the DailyKos targeted for defeat because of her not toeing the party line. Strangely enough using almost the exact same words as Palin. And no I do not think politics had anything to do with the shooting. It may be used as an excuse but it was not the reason.

She probably had as many people in the crowd carrying as most GOP would have had.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were to do my civic duty and pull my CCW, how do I make sure LEOs don't shoot me thinking I am a bad guy too?

Fortunately, the Instructor for the legal portion of the class I took is a lawyer well versed in CWL and shared these nuggets of info.
Situation - You have rendered the Bad Guy to a less than imminent and deadly danger.
Next steps - Without undue delay:
1. Make the gun safe
2. Return to holster and conceal
3. Call the cops
4. When they get there tell them that you made the call to 911 and comply with everything they tell you to do.
5. When they ask for the gun, DO NOT TOUCH IT. Tell them where it is on your person along with the location of your CWL that you are required to have in your posession when carrying. Let them retrieve the gun and the CWL.
6. DO NOT SAY ANYTHING OR ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE INCIDENT OTHER THAN ASKING FOR A LAWYER - hopefully you have an SDA / CWL experienced lawyer card in your wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom