The plot thickens.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suspect you're right.
The residents of the hoosegow might win with that but I doubt the sheriff will.
From what I hear on the news is that it happened in a room where a public meeting had just finished up, if so I don’t believe anyone has an expectation of privacy in public ? And whether it was illegally obtained or not the sheriff and others are still very wrong by saying what they said 😡😡😡

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought Oklahoma was a single party consent state for recording audio.
Yes?

If so, how was it illegal?
Was the journalist not present?

Edit: Journalist wasn't present.
"Bruce Willingham, the longtime publisher of the McCurtain Gazette-News, said the recording was made March 6 when he left a voice-activated recorder inside the room after a county commissioner’s meeting because he suspected the group was continuing to conduct county business after the meeting had ended in violation of the state’s Open Meeting Act."

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why don't we simply let the voters in that county take care of their own housekeeping?
Because they won’t. Someone needs the stones to 86 these a-holes.
Worse things have been said here…..
Not without a permaban they haven’t.
I thought Oklahoma was a single party consent state for recording audio.
Yes?

If so, how was it illegal?
Was the journalist not present?

Edit: Journalist wasn't present.
"Bruce Willingham, the longtime publisher of the McCurtain Gazette-News, said the recording was made March 6 when he left a voice-activated recorder inside the room after a county commissioner’s meeting because he suspected the group was continuing to conduct county business after the meeting had ended in violation of the state’s Open Meeting Act."
That would make Willingham a whistleblower and proper journalist. Besides, the sheriff was caught on tape trashing the DA along with the rest of his little clan. He can only arrest the newsman once, which won’t do him a damn bit of good without the DA filling an indictment.

All four of them need to be fired with extreme prejudice, period! :(

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That would make Willingham a whistleblower and proper journalist. Besides, the sheriff was caught on tape trashing the DA along with the rest of his little clan. He can only arrest the newsman once, which won’t do him a damn bit of good without the DA filling an indictment.

All four of them need to be fired with extreme prejudice, period! :(
I’d just drop them off in certain towns at night, with their recording playing at a high volume.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Read your comment above, and then read the posts after yours. These are examples of the sort of posts we have every day here. How is what these folks said any different than what we post everyday in various threads.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What they said was horrible.

But what is worse is the double standard.

Leftists say and do worse yet nothing is said.

An activist at the National Black Power Convention warned a time will come when black Americans will "kill everything white in sight."

"We're pushing death to white supremacy. Death to capitalism. Death to imperialism. And death to fascism," an unidentified man said in a video outside a Second Amendment March in Oklahoma.

National Black Power Convention activist predicts a time will come when black Americans will ‘kill everything white in sight’

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What they said was horrible.

But what is worse is the double standard.

Leftists say and do worse yet nothing is said.

An activist at the National Black Power Convention warned a time will come when black Americans will "kill everything white in sight."

"We're pushing death to white supremacy. Death to capitalism. Death to imperialism. And death to fascism," an unidentified man said in a video outside a Second Amendment March in Oklahoma.

National Black Power Convention activist predicts a time will come when black Americans will ‘kill everything white in sight’
The major difference is that an activist doesn’t wield power the way government officials like these do. They don’t have the power to imprison or murder people under color of law.

Latest posts

Top Bottom