Arizona State Representative Gabrielle Giffords Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is every bit as much of a joke - or not - as "libtard."

Are those the kinds of jokes you see your puffed up defensive lefties getting upset about?

...yep, It's a lot more funny when you're making fun of the OTHER guy, huh?

First I have never called anyone a Libtard, I have been tempted at times but never stooped that low, and second I guess you do NOT know what the term Teabagger refers to or you would probably see a difference between the two. Now some of the other things Republicans and/or conservatives have been called rank with Libtard, but I have not seen anything yet that ranks with Teabagger.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually... actually... wait... I just figured it out. It's a JOKE when it's knocking down something the OTHER guy thinks is important. It's a personal insult when it's knocking down something that YOU think is important.

I think I'm starting to see why you think only the people you agree with have good senses of humor.

Guess again. You can knock down or pick on my ideals all you want, that is the nature of political debate, but I will return the favor.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First I have never called anyone a Libtard, I have been tempted at times but never stooped that low, and second I guess you do NOT know what the term Teabagger refers to or you would probably see a difference between the two. Now some of the other things Republicans and/or conservatives have been called rank with Libtard, but I have not seen anything yet that ranks with Teabagger.

I know exactly what it means.

And what I find the most humorous about how "offensive" the term is is that I am most familiar with it in a gaming setting where the winner teabags a defeated opponent as a way of celebrating their victory and rubbing it in.

So, in my experience - teabagging is something winners do to losers.

And, c'mon... you know as well as I do that it WAS intended as a joke. It was just a phrase that sounded funny, a way of poking fun. An offensive joke, maybe. But a joke. It just wasn't a joke YOU - or the guy who made the complaint I quoted - found funny. So from where I'm sitting, it seems to me that maybe you guys have a bit of a poor sense of humor.

But, I have noticed that quite often the cry of "no sense of humor" goes up when the other guy didn't think your joke was funny and/or took offense at it. I guess who has a sense of humor is kinda relative, eh?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I can honestly say I have never heard of a game where you perform a homosexual act to celebrate.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just about any game that has player vs player fighting will have some version of "teabagging" a defeated opponent even if it's just in chat "heheheh, dude... I'm totally teabagging your corpse... heheheh".

It's a way humiliating your defeated opponent.

World of Warcraft
Halo
Guild Wars
Warhammer Online
Lineage
Battlefield
Black Ops
Call of Duty
Modern Warfare...

.... just off the top of my head...

So, from the point of view of someone who plays games, calling someone a "teabagger" is saying they are a rather obnoxious winner, but not particularly calling them gay.

None of which changes the fact that it was indeed intended as a joke - you and I both know that - and that your right leaning friend got upset about it.

...And none of which has anything to do with the tragic shooting by a mentally unstable young man.

Speaking for myself, I'm damned sick of the way politics has been the last 20 years or so. And yes, I do truly believe it is a lot worse now that it was just a few decades ago. I am NOT blaming what happened on political rhetoric. I'm just saying that if the public outcry from this means that people who really should know better maybe tone down their rhetoric, I'd be ok with that.

...And now I'm outa here for the night before I come any closer to violating our forum's latest conduct rule.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sooner I do not play online games so I had no idea what you were talking about, but when most liberals call them Tea Baggers they are referring to the homosexual act.

As for the person you quoted getting upset about a joke, I had to go find the original post because I had not read it. I do not think I even posted in that thread, but to be honest the post about Tea Baggers did not look like he was joking to me. Maybe a smilie or something would have helped or different wording at least.

And I do agree none of this has anything to do with the tragic shooting by a mentally unstable young man.

To be honest while we are having a fairly lively debate, I do not think you have even come close to violating any rules. Of course I am not a mod here so that is just my personal opinion. I will say that if you or anyone else from here wants to debate politics or whatever you are more then welcome at the other forum. You say what you think without getting personal and that is the way it should be.

Anyway, good night, sleep tight, and do not let any nasty old righties bite. :pms2:

trollkepr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless you're my wife or an immediate family member who I know with 100% certainty isn't involved in illegal activity, I won't pull my gun to help you. Sorry, but that's just how it's gotta be in this day and age.

If you were there you would be in immediate danger. He shot her and 17 others. He blasted anyone and everyone he saw. That means you if you were there.

trollkepr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who's to say another "John Wayne" won't shoot you out of fear you are a bad guy?

No need to be a smartass. If I am armed and being shot at like the 18 people he shot, I am going to protect myself and shoot the guy trying to shoot ME. My thought would be that I would shoot the shooter and after he was no longer able to shoot me I would re-conceal my pistol and hit the ground. I am wondering if anyone had other better ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom