Armslist scammers must be getting called to battle!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was the third scammer contact I received today from my Bersa Armslist ad. They must have been in scammer school over the weekend and learned a new script!

HIM:
Message from: [email protected]
Message regarding: Bersa BP9CC package
are you still selling

ME:
to alexjohn2333
Where are you located?
"Must be able to complete at this time a local face-to-face cash sale. Buyer must be at least 21, Oklahoma resident able to legally buy a firearm in Oklahoma, and must have a current valid Oklahoma issued picture ID. No exceptions."

HIM:
Alexandrea John <[email protected]> wrote:
I would like to proceed with the instant purchase immediately, Am ok with the condition and the price, I just got deployed from your area thats the reason i wont be able to meet to see it but i can contact my FFL holder and can you give me the contact info of you as the person i am about to purchase the firearm from? I can email msg a copy of my FFL for verification if you want. So let me know if you are ready to proceed in receiving the payment right away, it will be in form of a certified cashier check which will be mailed to you via USPS 2-3 working days delivery, So you ll have to ship to my FFL once the check is cleared. So please kindly get back to me with your details as requested below.

Name to be on check
Full address to receive the check
Mobile number
Final asking price of the fire arm.

Regards,
Alexandra John

ME:
to Alexandrea
Wow, you are the third guy today wanting to buy and getting deployed! Did they call all the scammers to battle?

Last edited:

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The real pisser is these ass moneys use the Military deploynemt as an excuse to hose ya. Most sellers see through the scams and for that I am glad, wish someone could catch these thieves and lock 'em away for a bit of reforming.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hmm Are they just looking to get your name address and phone number, or what are they looking to accomplish? If the FFL is real, and the transaction goes through, there will be a paper trail all the way back to the scammer. If the FFL is real and they falsify records and fake ID, were talking major felony. If the FFL is fake then you are looking at a whole new animal. We're talking federal pound-me-in-the-@ss-prison. Seems like there would be an easier way to scam people and just buy a gun than try to dodge the red tape. Unless they are just trying to get your info.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm Are they just looking to get your name address and phone number, or what are they looking to accomplish? If the FFL is real, and the transaction goes through, there will be a paper trail all the way back to the scammer. If the FFL is real and they falsify records and fake ID, were talking major felony. If the FFL is fake then you are looking at a whole new animal. We're talking federal pound-me-in-the-@ss-prison. Seems like there would be an easier way to scam people and just buy a gun than try to dodge the red tape. Unless they are just trying to get your info.
Great question. Waiting on reply's. Wondered this myself.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last 12 years before retirement was assigned to the secret service identity theft task force in OKC. This has nothing to do with the FFL. They will send you a cashier's check and ask you to deposit it. And it will be a very good counterfeit. They will overpay you and ask for the excess payment back or come up with an excuse to cancel the deal. You will be asked to wire transfer money somewhere or to send gift cards. The trick is to have you send money before the bank informs you in a couple of days that the check was counterfeit. Seen it done with horses , cars, guns, just about anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One victim sold a horse one time for around $10,000. The person buying was from overseas, England I think. Sent a cashier's check and when it was received, the man called and said his mother died and he wouldn't be able to do the deal. Said he was very sorry and offered for the seller to keep $1,000 for his time and trouble. Wired $9,000 back. He later found out the cashier's check was counterfeit and got screwed out of $9,000. He thought he was safe because he made $1,000 and still had his horse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom