Army wants to dump the M9?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or 3 hits to the base of his noggin with a 22?

Hell with a 50% hit rate even 50% of that...lets say 10 to the head and throat ..with a 38 ..TAURUS..Banggo, no court date , no new millionaire...8/

Oh and 23 hits to the arm/leg, with a 5.7,,,Might still walk away.
Its a tiny boolit, with pass through potential, maybe even likely....through and through, wound closes....walk away...8/

Sooo... .45 anyone?.....LOL

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I understand, he took 23 hits with Speer Gold Dots. He walked unassisted into court a couple of weeks later. But this is part of the argument, that pistol rounds aren't doing the job, not in 9mm or 45.

Obviously he was not hit with any .45 Boolits, otherwise he would have been down with 1 shot.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All this talk about caliber is fun, but caliber is not a factor in the MHS program, at all. The MHS program is not solely driven by terminal effectiveness either.

Terminal effectiveness is only one of many specifications in the project and the specs for that are not beyond the reach of 9MM.
Dammit, you broke the spell, and just when it was getting interesting...

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My bet is that after all of the looking around, heeing and hawing, they will stick with the M9 because there is nothing out there that is justifiably better when you consider what they are looking for.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My bet is that after all of the looking around, heeing and hawing, they will stick with the M9 because there is nothing out there that is justifiably better when you consider what they are looking for.

Troof. Just like what happened with the SCAR Light.

They could vastly improve the handgun aspect by diverting the funds from the MHS program into training. I'll take a well trained guy with a .38 revolver over an untrained half-wit with the latest space pistol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom