Asking a favor from your kills

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Guys, if you think about it or have the time, I'm looking to get raw data for my data book. I'm wanting measurements from the top of the back to the bottom of the chest for adult does and adult bucks. I can find some data online but it is from various parts of the country.

Thank you for your time guys and good luck!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll do what I can. We have a lot of does left to kill. We have to weigh them on the DMAP, so that will make a difference.

Mind if I ask why the need for that data? I know the deer in the SE are Pygmy's compared to the NW deer, so do you need data from each region?

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm trying to get average data so I can use a poor man's range finder formula (plus I won't have to rely on electronics). I'm not finding many "known measurements" out in the sticks. It will take some time, but if I can get averages through the Midwest, in theory I can get fair range estimation in most places. This is going to take a while

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm trying to get average data so I can use a poor man's range finder formula (plus I won't have to rely on electronics). I'm not finding many "known measurements" out in the sticks. It will take some time, but if I can get averages through the Midwest, in theory I can get fair range estimation in most places. This is going to take a while

Or you could just get a rangefinder and get an EXACT measurement, and it would be instant... just saying. I'd rather rely on electronics than my math.

I don't have one either, but all I need to know is 15, 25 and 35 paces from my stand. I can poor boy that with a can of paint prior to season and mark all my distances.

Latest posts

Top Bottom