Asking a favor from your kills

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Or you could just get a rangefinder and get an EXACT measurement, and it would be instant... just saying. I'd rather rely on electronics than my math.

I don't have one either, but all I need to know is 15, 25 and 35 paces from my stand. I can poor boy that with a can of paint prior to season and mark all my distances.

Well, I agree that the device would likely give me the exact number and, yes, I don't have to do math. I'm not attempting to debate the best method of ranging an animal. I will say though, that I guarantee you that electronics will eventually fail.

For what it's worth, I'm not necessarily looking for 15, 25, or 35 yards. I'm wanting these regional measurements for distances in the 300-1200 yard range, or distances that I'm not nearly ask skilled at eyeballing. I find it VERY difficult to find known measurements on unfamiliar land (if you guys can think of some PLEASE by all means speak up). And to go ahead and cover myself before the argument comes up, I'm not looking to kill a deer at these distances. I am just hoping to collect data to enter in my data book. But I do appreciate your opinion!

That's okay Bassin. Knowing you, you'll get plenty of kills over the time.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate that! Any guesstimate at her weight?

Naw, I didn't weigh her, but if I was guessing I would say dressed weight of 110-120. She was most likely a 5.5 year old doe, I was going to send pics of jawbone into the ODWC, but it was split.
20151129_181136.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I measured an adult Doe Caddo county it was 14" 80lb dressed
I measured a yearling doe and buck they were both from Tecumseh 13" Do not know weight.. not mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom