Looking for hunting area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amen brother my first bow kill i was approximately 1 1/2 mile out was so excited probably 15 minute drag of course i was 35 years younger.
Exactly! Had a buddy in Kansas that only hunted public with a bow and bought a real cheap canoe and used to haul his stand and gear about that distance up the river to some public land that was only accessible by the river. The monsters he hauled out of there year after year proved exactly why that much work was worth it!

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As lease prices continue to go up, hunting pressure on public land is going to go up too, and with the price of leases and canned hunts, there comes a point where it’s just cheaper to buy beef at the store.
Ya know maybe that is the trick... To hell with the hunt; lets sit around a camp fire and grill half a beef for a week every fall.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya know maybe that is the trick... To hell with the hunt; lets sit around a camp fire and grill half a beef for a week every fall.
Have you ever done the math to figure out what your venison cost you per pound?

I haven’t, because I don’t want to know. I can tell you that my beef costs a little over $6 a pound.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As lease prices continue to go up, hunting pressure on public land is going to go up too, and with the price of leases and canned hunts, there comes a point where it’s just cheaper to buy beef at the store.
true! maby everyone that hunts my favorite spots will give up!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever done the math to figure out what your venison cost you per pound?
When Doing this math do I include the meals or not because I would have eaten at home so those should not count.

Many trips Eufaula area to deer hunt I would bring back a load of flag stone from a buddies place down there.
That selling of the rocks always paid for all the food and gas for the trip.

Yea guns and ammo cost especially if you become addicted to handloading

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw this on craigslist OKC a while ago.
Screenshot_20220721-121925_Samsung Internet.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom