ATF SWAT Team Raids Part-Time Oklahoma FFL’s Home, Confiscates His Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What really irritates me about news articles like this we never hear how the story evolves. Is his story true and does some pro gun organization come to his aid and takes this to court? Does he ever get his license back? Did someone like GOA look into this story deeper and decide that the guy exaggerated the story and really deserved what happened to him? We probably never know unless someone close to the situation keeps it in the news.
He will not git it back sense he surrendered it, of his on will. I would like to know also why they decided to come to his place of business to check things. Hopefully if he did nothing wrong he will get the guns back.

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A little over 10 years ago I had an ATF agent show up at my house out of the blue. I am not, nor have I ever been, a FFL holder. I was doing some extra IT work on the side at the time. I got paid in a few installments, and went gun shopping over the course of 2 months. Apparently it was enough to flag me in their system. They came by and asked me why I had been purchasing so many firearms (it was around 4 or 5 over 2 months). I told them because I had the money, all of them were for me, purchased legally through an FFL, and that they were all in my safe if they wanted to see them. The agent seemed nice enough. He didn't bother looking at them and explained that there is a threshold for 'X' amount of guns over 'X' amount of days and it flags you in the system.

My next several gun purchases after that were private, lol.

I've never heard of the ATF doing that. I've bought probably twice that many guns in a week before, some from the same dealer, the remainder from various dealers across the Denver area. Never heard a peep from anyone.

The ATF isn't involved in the process at all unless you buy two or more handguns (or certain rifles...don't remember exactly when they started with rifles...in the border states) from the same dealer within 5 consecutive business days (I think that's correct). Then the dealer has to file a multiple handgun purchase form directly with the ATF within 24 hrs. Other than that, they shouldn't be involved because the FBI does the NICS check.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely more to this story…on one hand he boasts that folks where he lives won’t buy a gun if it’s not under $400 but then claims $50-60k in guns were seized between his kitchen table FFL inventory and his personal collection.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely more to this story…on one hand he boasts that folks where he lives won’t buy a gun if it’s not under $400 but then claims $50-60k in guns were seized between his kitchen table FFL inventory and his personal collection.
That’s not but forty or fifty decent weapons. A whole lot fewer if the quality goes up a smidge or two. Tally up the first two pages of the classifieds here and see what you come up with.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s not but forty or fifty decent weapons. A whole lot fewer if the quality goes up a smidge or two. Tally up the first two pages of the classifieds here and see what you come up with.
True, but he tried to make it sound like he dealt in cheap guns, at one point. Just seemed incongruous….

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never heard of the ATF doing that. I've bought probably twice that many guns in a week before, some from the same dealer, the remainder from various dealers across the Denver area. Never heard a peep from anyone.

The ATF isn't involved in the process at all unless you buy two or more handguns (or certain rifles...don't remember exactly when they started with rifles...in the border states) from the same dealer within 5 consecutive business days (I think that's correct). Then the dealer has to file a multiple handgun purchase form directly with the ATF within 24 hrs. Other than that, they shouldn't be involved because the FBI does the NICS check.
That's exactly what I was told by a FFL friend of mine. Nevertheless, an agent showed up at my door. Only about 5'4" and built like a brick s**thouse. I've still got his card around here somewhere. I did nothing wrong, and they've never been back since. Who knows what kind of checks they had them doing at that time. But you are correct, from what I've been told after the fact, they should've never even come by, as everything was done by the book and there was no cause for any concern.

I quit worrying about it years ago, but it was troubling at the time, most certainly.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mistakes made? Did Hitler make "mistakes" when he gassed the Jews?

The ATF and FBI are institutionalized, constitutional violation production machines. The difference between the Branch Dividians and these two organizations? The Branch Dividians didn't pretend to be "upholding the law" while creating a staggering record of violating the law! :mad:
The 1985 MOVE bombing, locally known by its date, May 13, 1985,[2] was the destruction of residential homes in the Cobbs Creek neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States, by the Philadelphia Police Department during a standoff with MOVE, a black liberation organization. Philadelphia police dropped two explosive devices from a helicopter onto the roof of a house occupied by MOVE. The Philadelphia Fire Department allowed the resulting fire to burn out of control . . . Six adults and five children were killed in the attack,[4] with one adult and one child surviving. A lawsuit in federal court found that the city used excessive force and violated constitutional protections against unreasonable search and seizure.[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985_MOVE_bombing#
Just another one of the untold number of "Mistakes made" by law enforcement - you know, the ones that NEVER seem to change their tactics though they always try to reassure the public that they have, with phrases like 'more training implemented' or 'are reviewing our policies' or 'a thorough investigation ongoing'.

Last edited:

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1E2F70F9-EF61-4174-AB3A-B67FB060E6F3.jpeg
3CBA0DED-8727-41D9-A897-B2564DC2F12B.jpeg

This was the list from the article

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's exactly what I was told by a FFL friend of mine. Nevertheless, an agent showed up at my door. Only about 5'4" and built like a brick s**thouse. I've still got his card around here somewhere. I did nothing wrong, and they've never been back since. Who knows what kind of checks they had them doing at that time. But you are correct, from what I've been told after the fact, they should've never even come by, as everything was done by the book and there was no cause for any concern.

I quit worrying about it years ago, but it was troubling at the time, most certainly.
After a home burglary years ago when every firearm but one was stolen, I got a very nice insurance check as we had added insurance for firearms vs the standard $1K homeowners.
Went to my FFL who was a kitchen table FFL with the decision to use the money for upscale firearms vs the middle of the range that I had stolen.
Gave him a list and said order them.
He said if I ordered all at once, there would be a visit as a suspected arms dealer.
So, over a period of 6 months, he brought in all I requested without a visit from the feds.
Was his statement true? I don’t know.
Just took his reasoning to heart and followed his advice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom