Auto Ordanance 1911 GI...black model

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All....I can't post pictures now because I'm on my phone in the middle of no-where Oklahoma.

Auto Ordanance GI Black Model....I can't remember the model number.

Anyways....I love the low profile GI sights and no thrills 1911. That's the reason for my questions...I have several Colt MK IV 70 series...original...with the box...mid 1970's...one maybe early 80's.

What I don't want to do is shoot them anymore...they're in just to good of condition and their value..with their box...just goes up.

So...American made...some parts made in Mexico...GI 1911 Auto Ordanance. Is this a good quality shooter....shooter?

Yes I know Khar or Is it is Kahr.....how ever its spelled...owns them. On line and youtube...the newer ones 2013 to present seem good. The only draw back that I've seen on YouTube is the blue finish...its easy to rub off and scratch. It doesn't matter to me as long as it shoots.

Fill me in on the 2017/2018...GI, 1911, Auto Ordanance.

The good and bad!!

Thanks!!

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have researched the model sparingly, but never found any information that would scare me away from purchasing one. As far as I can tell, they are the best option that is currently produced if you are after a pistol that "mostly resembles" a USGI 1911-A1. I'm sure the quality is head and shoulders above the Inland manufacturered pistols and from what I've heard, they are a marked improvement over the pre-Kahr AO pistols. I saw one the other day that had been artificially distressed, had the grips, trigger, and some of the controls replaced with GI parts and it would pass for a USGI pistol at a short distance.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, they are exact copies of the originals. You might check into a Rock Island, I know first hand their good to go. BTW, don't disk the Kahr.lol

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Auto Ordance is good to go. It has some mim but overall is well made. It does have the 80 series firing pin safety if that matters to you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom