Automotive/equipment tool junkies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As far as the Milwaukee impacts. I have the m18 2767 and two of the m12 3/8 stubbies. That 2767 is a beast. I use the m12 stubbies a ton though. I have two because I had lost one and couldn’t live life beyond a week without it. Bought another. Then a week later the guy who borrowed the missing one brought it back.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you found the tools that snap on and Matco rebrands. Saved a few bucks.

What happens when they break though? When it says Snap-On on it you can get replaced for free or sent off for repair and the repair bill is pretty affordable.

I haven’t broken many tools. If they do break it’s usually because it was a poor quality tool to begin with or it was misused. Not saying tools can’t break or they don’t break when used in a professional capacity.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you found the tools that snap on and Matco rebrands. Saved a few bucks.

What happens when they break though? When it says Snap-On on it you can get replaced for free or sent off for repair and the repair bill is pretty affordable.
That’s very true, but with some, they’ll warranty them on the truck if you’re cool with the franchisee. If not, most of those brands carry lifetime warranties so that they can compete with the truck brands. Sunex will (or at least used to) two day ship sockets to you if you told them you had one that was broken and put it in the mail to them. I never broke one though, and most of my 3/4” and 1” drive stuff is either sunex or snap on. Mac warrantied all my proto stuff. One of my snap on guys would warranty my Irwin stuff. Same with powerprobe, knipex, gearwrench, and GP. Some of the stuff isn’t a piece that breaks often. I never broke any of those mayhew prybars, but even if I did, replacing my 36” strike through cost $70, vs snap on’s $160. I actually have both though, because that was my most commonly used, handiest size prybar and I like the snap on one. I never broke or wore out a wera screwdriver, and the snap on full size screw drivers suck anyways. I’m saying that as a big snap on fan too. I’ve had a Wilton sledge hammer that has been “half broke” for years now, but it won’t give up the ghost. When they first came out, they were supposedly backed by a guarantee that if you broke one they would give you $1000.

Honestly, warranty on the truck and warranty in store/shipping it in didn’t really matter to me, cause as a field mechanic, If I was 8 hours from the shop/city I couldnt afford to have a tool fail on me either way, and in those situations a better warranty didn’t matter, but ensuring that I had the right tool for the job, that was the best quality possible did matter.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom