B&M Brown Bread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We need to get together a group for buys of things like this. We all chip in enough to buy a case and cover any shipping then we split it among us. That way we can try things without each of us getting stuck with a case of something we may not like. For the bread, if it is available at the Tinker commissary and any of us work at Tinker, I would gladly pay $2 or so for a can just to try.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
B&M is for dessert. Sailor Boy Pilot Bread is the everyday stuff. It's used extensively in rural Alaska cause it's hardy and in some places a loaf of store bought bread will cost $7 or $8. It's got a pretty good storage life. I've seen just about everything you can imagine put on it.

i31.photobucket.com_albums_c359_akbushcop_sailorboy_zpsa8010ec4.jpg

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In case anyone is interested - I found B&M canned Brown Bread in abundance at the Ft Sill commissary. There were at least 15 cans on the shelf at $1.72 each.

Was it in the baking aisle after all? I haven't been back to Tinker to check.

We need to get together a group for buys of things like this. We all chip in enough to buy a case and cover any shipping then we split it among us. That way we can try things without each of us getting stuck with a case of something we may not like. For the bread, if it is available at the Tinker commissary and any of us work at Tinker, I would gladly pay $2 or so for a can just to try.

I'll check for it and let you know.

riper1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found the B&M brown bread (raisin) at reasors for $2.70 a can bought a couple to try, what so you all suggest to put on it?
ill report back after we try some

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found the B&M brown bread (raisin) at reasors for $2.70 a can bought a couple to try, what so you all suggest to put on it?
ill report back after we try some

We always just ate it warm with butter...I suppose some preserves/jelly might go good too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom