BA walmart. Secret to getting the ammo ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I am at the point where I am needing to restock the 22lr. I know I know, hardest to come by. Well call me crazy but I'm willing to go wait in line and pay the price of getting a buy. What times do these said lines form around these walmarts? I've been going at all hours of the day/night and never see anyting, never see any lines to join and certainly never see anyone buying anything.
Please somebody share the secret to what times(s) these magic trucks show up and release their ammo to the commoners.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I have been at the BA Walmart off the creek turnpike at 8:30 pm and seen people lined up at the counter waiting for them to unload their pallets. I was also there last Saturday around 3:30 pm and they had every caliber stocked except 22lr. I haven't seen 22lr in any Walmart since last year.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally I think you are better off hitting Academy if you are going to be waiting in line. At least they have a "system" in place and help to manage the crowds a bit. Also the I-44 Academy has had American Eagle .22 in 40 round boxes almost constantly for a week now. Might take you a few trips to get a few hundred rounds but better then hanging out in Walmart.

I've picked up 3 boxes of .22 (40 round boxes) at Academy in the past week, and found one jumbo box at Bass Pro two weeks ago.

charlster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't been there for a couple of weeks but at that time I was going to the walmart off of 71st and 145th at about 7AM. Granted, there were people already there waiting since 6AM. Usually the employees roll out what they have about 7-7:10. I got lucky a few times; being almost dead last and scoring whatever was left over. One time I went and they had 22lr's but was picked over by the time i got to the front of the line. I scored some federal 300+rd valve pack 22lr's about a week ago at bass pro about mid day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom